New To iHerb?

Green Foods Corporation, Organic Matcha Green Tea, 5.5 oz (156 g)

4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews
Reviews 2-star

You get what you pay for

Posted by 4622540308856292258 on Jan 07, 2014

This seemed like a safe bet for the price but one taste showed me that money would have been better spent on a higher quality tea. This one is pale and innocuous. It takes several heaping spoonfuls to flavor most beverages. Even then, the taste is not distinctive. Not pungent enough to flavor baked goods or other recipes. "Decent" just doesn't cut it here.

Not really matcha

Posted by Donica on May 19, 2014

I bought this powder when I hadn't really done a lot of research on matcha green tea. I used it a few times, but I was turned off by the taste and stopped. Later, I tried again and tried to force myself to drink it, but I still didn't like the taste. Now that I know better, I know that the majority of the powder is brown rice solids. You have to take a teaspoon instead of half a teaspoon like a matcha powder without filler. Apparently, I don't like the taste of brown rice solids. I tried pure matcha and really enjoy the taste. The presence of brown rice solids alters the taste and makes the tea turn an odd shade of green. Also, it adds carbs and sugars that are not present in pure matcha. I found that it always made me jittery because of the presence of the brown rice solids. Green tea has caffeine and theanine and pure matcha does not cause a spike for me. However, the brown rice solids makes me experience a spike and crash that I do not enjoy because it is extra sugar that I do not want in my matcha. If you do not mind that the brown rice solids alter the taste, color, and adds extra carbs, you may like this powder. If you are looking for matcha green tea for its health benefits, I suggest that you skip this and get the pure powder.