Very healthy taste

Posted by Reviewer2002330 on Jan 29, 2013

I figured this would be a less sweet options, but was disappointed. The licorice flavor is very overpowering for my liking, so I ended up giving most bars to people who enjoy that flavour more than me. The texture is nice. You can taste the green, so if you like it and don't mind licorice, this might be nice for you.

New recipe - not great!

Posted by 5003667200259230092 on Oct 25, 2014

EDIT (2 STARS): Green Plus has since changed its recipe from the time of my original review. Hence, I am updating the review to reflect the new recipe. Unfortunately, while I loved the old recipe, I do not enjoy the new recipe at all. Both the texture and taste of these have changed. The new recipe is coarser in texture, with the addition of chopped peanuts and bigger rice crisp. Taste wise, it is much sweeter, nuttier and the pleasant 'green' taste of the old bars are no longer present. The flavours do not come together as well anymore. In all, I do not like these bars one bit. It is such a pity as the old recipe was pretty near perfect (the texture was refined and the flavours were delicately balanced). I will not be repurchasing after I reluctantly finish the rest of my 11 bars. i much prefer the more 'delicate' and refined bars that it was previously. ORIGINAL REVIEW (4 STARS) Green, but they taste good to me! I really enjoy eating this vegan bar - it is very green and seaweed tasting, which most people might not like, but it really does it for me. It also an ever so slightly peanut butter aftertaste, which balances out the greenness perfectly. In fact, this is my favourite vegan bar I have had so far. I much prefer this flavour to the other (dark chocholate, peanut butter & blueberry crisp), which I find to be too sweet. On the other hand, my boyfriend dislikes this while he loves the other flavour. It might help to add that I am a vegan and a health nut, while he is neither of the two. However, one thing we both can agree on, is that we prefer the taste and texture of these bars over Larabars and we will be buying these from now on instead.

Love these!

Posted by Reviewer1198216 on Nov 21, 2013

Perfect snack on the go, tasty and filling. Keep a toothbrush in hand though as the chia seeds gets stuck in your teeth :-)

Great replacement for sugar cravings

Posted by Reviewer2559883 on Feb 06, 2013

Try it:-)

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer2180285 on Apr 10, 2013

These bars took a while to grow on me, but now they're one of my favourites. The flavour is kind of sweet and savoury at the same time. Definitely chewy, and they do tend to stick in your teeth, but they're perfect if you don't want an overdose of sweetness.

Very good - not too sweet and sticky, and a nice crunch

Posted by LantauMama on Sep 22, 2013

Positives: For variety, these have a very different texture than the 'lara bar style' bars; a slight peanut buttery taste, but not overpowering; a bit of crunch; and fill me up in a good way. I like them and they are the sort of bar I can leave in my bag for times I miss a meal or really need something to fill me up. I like the Omega 3 too! Negatives: 6 g of sugar, sweetened by organic agave syrup, organic tapioca syrup, brown rice syrup solids - I really wish they would just use real foods to provide a gentle sweetness rathe than these.

O.K

Posted by misspineapple on Jun 11, 2014

I prefer the Greens Plus Superfood Energy bars better, similar ingredients but don't seem as sweet as these. The texture of these bars is quite firm and chewy, and an odd sweetness I think is due to stevia or licorice - leaves a strange aftertaste...