Ingredients have changed - beware - this is no longer hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 27, 2014

This only had TWO ingredients before - the rice isolate and brown rice syrup solids - which is why I used to buy it! Now there's almost a party with Mr 'organic gum arabic' and Mr 'organic sunflower oil' as well. Gum arabic and sunflower oil are NOT hypoallergenic (nor are they needed). Another product ruined. Anyone looking for a hypoallergenic rice protein that mixes well etc, I recommend NutriBiotic Organic Rice Protein (plain). For those who choose to use this rice protein - it (used to) mix well in a shaker cup, though expecting the same texture as whey will require adjustment. While it does mix well, it does have a slightly gritty texture that is typical of rice protein. It was one of the least gritty I'd tried, on par with Nutribiotic. It's also definitely not the quicksand texture or sludge that's typical of soy/pea protein powder. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Just as good as the more expensive powders

Posted by Umbridge on Feb 19, 2012

Most people I know use the more expensive Sun Warrior, but this is identical in taste and texture. No grittiness, not too sweet and nice, and the original flavour is great for baking as well as smoothies. I highly recommend it.

one of the best raw protein

Posted by norihito on May 09, 2012

I've tried many kinds of raw protein brands. I use Sun Warrior and Healthforce regurarly, and I noticed this brand is as good as the fancy brands. Due to the price, I will switch my protein to this. will buy again:)

Best tasting Rice Protein

Posted by 4695353132420671556 on May 01, 2012

After reading the reviews for this product I was fairly confident that it was going to taste better than most...and it does! It mixes very easily and has a pretty neutral flavor. I am now having it at least twice a day.

Fantastic.

Posted by Reviewer3024666 on Jun 12, 2012

I was a little nervous about this after having tried a rice protein before that was like trying to drink a glass full of sand in water, but this is very fine and mixes wonderfully. If you're expecting no flavour you'll be disappointed, it has a very definite taste to it. That being said, it's not an unpleasant taste, just distinct and mixing it with a little stevia, half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter hides it almost completely. I love that there are no artificial sweeteners, it's all natural and it doesn't leave me with a tummy ache like whey protein sometimes can. I'll definitely buy it again and the price of this one is very reasonable.

Finally found my love

Posted by YoungerNextYear on Mar 31, 2016

Like many protein powder experts, I have tried and tested them all. This is my favorite. Many powders cloyingly sweet and overpowering. This is subtle and blends well with my fruits and other ingredients. If you find this review helpful, please click "YES" to let me know.

The best rice protein ever!

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Jan 10, 2014

For being a rice protein, this is the best! I would have given it 6 stars if I could:-). The consistency is very smooth, the smell neutral without the "sourness" that is common among rice proteins of other brands I have used previously (I have tried Sunwarrior and NutriBiotics). It's good for baking, making protein bars, and even my 1-year-old son, who is not very keen of breakfast loves this mixed with his oat-derived yoghurt (Oatly, Swedish brand, we live in Sweden), millet flakes, chia seeds and banana in the mornings! Must buy another jar immediately, or maybe two, or three...

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer3288283 on May 05, 2012

Delicious, healthy, filling, very smooth! Everything I expected it to be and more!

Great protein powder!

Posted by DawnMellowship on Oct 21, 2012

I have chronic digestive problems and this protein powder is one the best I've tried. It mixes easily and tastes fine even with my pure green veggie juices. I prefer it to the ones with flavorings. It's just as good as pricier brands and I will continue to buy it. I highly recommend, it's a store cupboard staple for me!

No complaints

Posted by Reviewer1126675 on Sep 26, 2012

Mixes to water better than soy protein I used earlier. No side effects (at least nothing noticeable).

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »