Growing Naturals, Organic Raw Rice Protein, Original, 16.2 oz (459 g)

Ingredients have changed - beware - this is no longer hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 27, 2014

This only had TWO ingredients before - the rice isolate and brown rice syrup solids - which is why I used to buy it! Now there's almost a party with Mr 'organic gum arabic' and Mr 'organic sunflower oil' as well. Gum arabic and sunflower oil are NOT hypoallergenic (nor are they needed). Another product ruined. Anyone looking for a hypoallergenic rice protein that mixes well etc, I recommend NutriBiotic Organic Rice Protein (plain). For those who choose to use this rice protein - it (used to) mix well in a shaker cup, though expecting the same texture as whey will require adjustment. While it does mix well, it does have a slightly gritty texture that is typical of rice protein. It was one of the least gritty I'd tried, on par with Nutribiotic. It's also definitely not the quicksand texture or sludge that's typical of soy/pea protein powder. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Just as good as the more expensive powders

Posted by Umbridge on Feb 19, 2012

Most people I know use the more expensive Sun Warrior, but this is identical in taste and texture. No grittiness, not too sweet and nice, and the original flavour is great for baking as well as smoothies. I highly recommend it.

one of the best raw protein

Posted by norihito on May 09, 2012

I've tried many kinds of raw protein brands. I use Sun Warrior and Healthforce regurarly, and I noticed this brand is as good as the fancy brands. Due to the price, I will switch my protein to this. will buy again:)

Best tasting Rice Protein

Posted by 4695353132420671556 on May 01, 2012

After reading the reviews for this product I was fairly confident that it was going to taste better than most...and it does! It mixes very easily and has a pretty neutral flavor. I am now having it at least twice a day.

Fantastic.

Posted by Reviewer3024666 on Jun 12, 2012

I was a little nervous about this after having tried a rice protein before that was like trying to drink a glass full of sand in water, but this is very fine and mixes wonderfully. If you're expecting no flavour you'll be disappointed, it has a very definite taste to it. That being said, it's not an unpleasant taste, just distinct and mixing it with a little stevia, half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter hides it almost completely. I love that there are no artificial sweeteners, it's all natural and it doesn't leave me with a tummy ache like whey protein sometimes can. I'll definitely buy it again and the price of this one is very reasonable.