sticky, stinky, not worth a penny...

Posted by Reviewer1602633 on Sep 28, 2012

Bought it based on these great reviews... Alas -- gel dries super sticky. I tried it several times to no avail. You just have to wash it off in order to put clothes on. Don't even dream of putting it into your hair - I can't even believe someone here recommends that - hair becomes like straw, completely dull and dirty. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money... better to pop a magnesium capsule than this stinky mess (oh yeah, and it stinks like old socks too!).

Excellent form of Magnesium

Posted by celestialleo on Dec 21, 2012

Have tried magnesium oils, but found this much better. Easy to apply. It has many uses, among them as a natural pain reliever, and inflammation reliever. Works almost as good as Traumeel at much less cost!

Great for pain relief

Posted by HealthyShopping on Jun 09, 2013

This product is highly recommended by a local naturopath. I've been using is successfully for carpal tunnel, tendonitis, and lower back pain. I'm not fond of the seaweed extract scent but it does go away after a few minutes. When I'm applying it to my hand, arm, or neck I pour a little in my hand and add a few drops of essential oil (frankincense, sandalwood, lavender, etc.)which are also helpful for pain relief and relaxation. I've also added about 20 - 30 drops of a relaxation blend to a half bottle of this gel and it was wonderful! Health & Wisdom also makes a magnesium gel with aloe vera instead of seaweed extract and it would be wonderful if iHerb would offer that as an alternative.

Good to blend into other products

Posted by Reviewer1827703 on May 07, 2013

I've read all the reviews and see that some have issues with direct application. I also can't use direct without itching. I blend it into my shea lotion and this neutralizes the direct contact with skin. It's just as effective and I can more broadly apply. Recently I have been mixing straight mag gel with DMSO gel and applying sciatica pain. VERY effective! Love the mag gel!

Magnesium Gel

Posted by Reviewer2642279 on Oct 18, 2012

We use for aching or tired muscles(muscle cramps). Prefer Health and Wisdom Gel over the oil and this brand over others.

Relieves pain after a physically arduous day

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Aug 14, 2013

The drawback: yes, it smells a bit at first, but the smell doesn't linger. And I wouldn't use it as a moisturiser because it seems to make my hands drier. The benefit: pain relief! After a hard day's work gardening, putting this on my shoulders, arms and legs--areas where I know I'll be sore the next day--at bedtime significantly eliminates muscle soreness the next day. I'm sure it has other benefits but it's worth it for this alone.

Makes my hands crack.

Posted by Reviewer1859036 on Jan 13, 2013

The gel is 40% the potency of the magnesium oil. It doesn't leave a sticky residue like the oil does. It's much easier to apply, and it's easier to use more often. The only drawback is that it makes my hands dry and more prone to cracking/papercuts, etc.

Magnesium Gel

Posted by lorianna on Aug 28, 2012

Smells bad. Did not see any results. maybe too early. I only used it twice. Shampoo does hide the smell if using together, but using it after shower as well like they suggest is a no, no.

Amazing product:

Posted by Reviewer1044458 on Aug 13, 2011

Every person who has tried this product at my suggestion is thrilled with it. For muscle and nerve pain, hair, nails, skin.warts, moles. Highly recommend. Love everything about iherbs service too.

LOVELY....

Posted by Reviewer1600989 on Jul 05, 2013

Gives such relief to sore aching muscles..... also great for a deodorant, my daily amount goes on like deodorant, haven't used any for weeks, and noooo smell! GREAT

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »