Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. It used to be the cheapest per mg but not longer. Check out my page for more reviews!

four stars

Posted by TinVal on Aug 17, 2012

Works pretty well as antioxidant and worth buying for testing the benefits but as a whole it is overprices supplement. I give 4 stars.

value for money

Posted by Reviewer3141381 on Dec 03, 2011

I have a few health issues going on which leave me with little energy--but Since taking astaxanthin I have noticed higher energy levels.Also not getting sunburnt but have lovely tan. Eye health has also improved

Differant brands make a differance.

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Sep 20, 2011

I got terrible heart palpitations from the "Now" brand of astaxanthin. This one is natural as it says on the front. I am taking it for eye health. To early to tell,but no heart palpitations..phew !

The hit product to try right now

Posted by 5185999147855557324 on Apr 13, 2013

After few weeks of using this I felt my eyesight dramatically improve. I also feel more energetic overall. Still waiting for the summer to test its effect against sunburn.

Astaxanthin, 4 mg, 150 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer3250261 on Aug 21, 2011

I have taken 2 a day for about a month now and they seem to be working. Most of my joint pain due to arthritis has gone but my lower back still is a problem. I am now off of diclofenac. Thanks for your help.

Healthy Origins, Astaxanthin, 4 mg. 150 softgels

Posted by Reviewer2595997 on Aug 22, 2011

Having read the recent releases from sources such as Dr. Mercola, this is a supplement that I quickly added to my daily regimen. At first, I could only find smaller quantity bottles available locally (30 ct). I like this brand because it is a good dosage size and the count is higher. Also, it has good reviews for content (real Astaxanthin, not artificial like what they feed to salmon).

guess I have possitive change on my vision

Posted by Reviewer1977803 on Jan 11, 2012

I took 4mg/ 2 times a day for 20 days, & I got less dry eyes. No obvious change on my skin texture yet, will continue but cut down to 4mg/day after one month.

The star antioxidant of the moment!

Posted by Reviewer3154100 on Dec 18, 2011

I'd heard alot about Astaxanthin these past few years and finally decided to try it. I haven't noticed any significant changes but hopefully its doing what it's supposed to anyway.

Seems pretty good

Posted by Reviewer2644874 on Oct 04, 2012

I love the skin tone this product has helped me with. Nice deeper color like a tan but not funny looking like keratine based products that make your skin look orange. I was hoping for better eye support but after only three months of taking it I don't see a difference in my vision that I can attribute to taking the product.