NOT a good quality astaxanthin!!

Posted by Reviewer1391297 on Jun 04, 2012

It might be a good price, but the quality isn't good. I had been taking the NOW brand for a long time, then decided to try Healthy Origins, due to the price and the amount that you get. Whereas I had been able to comfortably go without sunglasses with the NOW brand, I found myself always squinting with this brand. Its inferior quality became clear today when I went for a walk, without suntan lotion, and ended up getting a bright red sunburn. With the other brand, I would have gotten just the lightest hint of color from that same walk. I'm not even going to bother finishing off the bottle, I'm going back to my old brand.

Sun Protection

Posted by Reviewer2997991 on Jun 15, 2011

I think this is supposed to help protect the skin among other benefits and I can attest to that. Have been golfing 3 times in the past week in 100+ temps (no sunscreen) and no sign of sunburn.

Better than expected

Posted by Reviewer1595435 on Jul 24, 2011

This product far surpasses my expectations. A chalazion I had on my upper eyelid for over a year began to drain within a week, I have stamina when exercising beyond belief and don't get as easily winded. I've only been taking Astaxanthin for about a month and look forward to any other benefits it can provide.

sundamaged skin

Posted by Reviewer2541665 on Aug 03, 2011

I have so far only used one bottle of Astaxanthin, I take 3 a day, and alreay two very bad and rather large sundamaged spots on my face are reciding

. amazing stuff

Posted by Reviewer2940012 on Jun 25, 2012

Good stuff. I've used it for many months now. I see improvement in my eczema (it's almost cleared up) and my farsightedness is better too. I also take Vit D3 and Pterostilbene, a relative of Resveratrol. I take one 4 mg Astaxanthin in the morning and 1 before bed at night. I was amazed the first week I started this. Every day I could see a progression in the healing. Most of the scale was gone in two weeks, the deep healing of some spots has taken longer. True it takes time to heal but nothing else has worked at all. I now have new skin and some scare tissue where I had scale like things, easily bruised skin and light inflammation. There are some spots that remain ruff to the touch but even those spots appear nearly normal in bright light. I'll keep taking this stuff even after this skin condition is completely gone. I don't want it back. I had it for almost 15 years. The only draw back: In comparison to my siblings, I'm pink. But I consider it a dark manly shade of pink.