Healthy Origins, Astaxanthin, 4 mg, 150 Softgels

NOT a good quality astaxanthin!!

Posted by Reviewer1391297 on Jun 04, 2012

It might be a good price, but the quality isn't good. I had been taking the NOW brand for a long time, then decided to try Healthy Origins, due to the price and the amount that you get. Whereas I had been able to comfortably go without sunglasses with the NOW brand, I found myself always squinting with this brand. Its inferior quality became clear today when I went for a walk, without suntan lotion, and ended up getting a bright red sunburn. With the other brand, I would have gotten just the lightest hint of color from that same walk. I'm not even going to bother finishing off the bottle, I'm going back to my old brand.

Sun Protection

Posted by Reviewer2997991 on Jun 15, 2011

I think this is supposed to help protect the skin among other benefits and I can attest to that. Have been golfing 3 times in the past week in 100+ temps (no sunscreen) and no sign of sunburn.

Better than expected

Posted by Reviewer1595435 on Jul 24, 2011

This product far surpasses my expectations. A chalazion I had on my upper eyelid for over a year began to drain within a week, I have stamina when exercising beyond belief and don't get as easily winded. I've only been taking Astaxanthin for about a month and look forward to any other benefits it can provide.

sundamaged skin

Posted by Reviewer2541665 on Aug 03, 2011

I have so far only used one bottle of Astaxanthin, I take 3 a day, and alreay two very bad and rather large sundamaged spots on my face are reciding

Works Great!

Posted by Jblondie on Aug 23, 2011

I don't have to take allergy medicine anymore when I go out to mow the lawn. Also works great for fatigue. I take 6 a day to get the results I need.