So happy with this!

Posted by 4989090203594496589 on May 10, 2014

I have never written a review before, but I just had to with this supplement. My last blood test showed that I had high cholesterol and my doctor was going to put me on medication. I talked him into allowing me two months to try and do it on my own. In that two months I worked on eating healthier and researched alternatives to the cholesterol medications. I came across this supplement and read the reviews, and it was also recommended. I tried it out for the two months, but only took one capsule in the morning and one in the evening since my numbers were not that high. It was amazing. I dropped my overall cholesterol by 66 and my bad cholesterol by 51. All within a two month time frame and am now well within the normal range for cholesterol. Not one problem taking it, and no side effects at all. This product is a true blessing and I am so glad to be able to have an alternative to prescription medication. Thank you!

:::No Response From MFG / Muscle Pain::::

Posted by 5185062371762240245 on Nov 15, 2014

I had some general questions about the product and emailed the manufacturer, Healthy Origins, but no response. In my experience this is reason enough to avoid the seller in the future. No customer service, no purchases. The supplement caused muscle pain within a week at HALF DOSE similar to what I experienced with STATINS. I stopped using it.

Made my stomach too gassy

Posted by Reviewer3018830 on Mar 12, 2011

I bought a bottle to lower my cholesterol. After a few days taking it, I got a very bad gassy upset stomach reaction. I stopped taking it immediately. I am surprised that my stomach was hurting bad because I read that Consumer Lab recommends this brand. I am sure it is a very good brand for many people but for me it just upset my stomach too much. I will just have to try another Red Yeast Rice.

Healthy Origins Cholestene Red Yeast Rice, 120 capsules

Posted by Reviewer1633440 on Jun 02, 2008

Blood test results have shown that 4 capsules per day reduced my chloesterol from 330mg to 195 mg. I am very pleased with the product

Healthy Origins Cholestene/ Red Yeast Rice, lowered my cholesterol!

Posted by Reviewer2256537 on Jan 21, 2011

My total cholesterol had been about 225 for years- I eat fast foods/pizza..., and don't exercise enough. My Dr. kept "Badgering" me to go on script statins- NO WAY, after Googling their Awful side-effects! After 1yr of 2 caps of HO RYR at breakfast & 2 more with dinner- My Cholesterol dropped to 172 (LDL lower, but no change to HDL or Triglycerides). BTW!- It's Very important to take CoQ10 with ANY statin!- I take 50mg of 1/2 price Healthy Origins Ubiquinol CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is 2x best form!) with each meal. I also take 1x of top-rated EFA's Omega-3 fish oil, twice daily! FYI- CL rated Natures Plus Extended Release 1.7% RYR #1, and Healthy Origins #2- for lovastatin/purity. Many user reviews on the NP Extended Release complained of sleep issues (common for me), so I went with HO.

It really works!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3351724 on Feb 18, 2010

I can't take prescription meds for my cholesterol. Started to take this along with Omega-3 Marine oil and my numbers are way down. I think my doctor who wasn't to happy about me taking it, was surprised.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1166364 on Jan 03, 2008

great product realy worked .It also lowered the triglicerides for my husband

Lowers Blood Pressure Too!

Posted by Reviewer1892300 on Jul 22, 2009

This product is so kind to the stomach. No side effects. Haven't tested lipid results yet..but I expect to see a drop in LDL, as everyone else has mentioned. The prize inside...is that this product appears to be significantly lowering my blood pressure too! (I'm on two BP RX meds, but together they can't get me in the zone). With Cholestene, my BP is spot on! Will report back after testing lipids in a month or two. What a bonus - lowers BP and Cholesterol all at the same time!

Red Yeast Rice (HOG-10093) is excellent

Posted by Reviewer2901098 on Jul 13, 2009

I am a Chinese herbalist. I have been used herb to cure high LD cholesterol. Recently I found the Red Yeast Rice (HOG-10093) works even better. I strong recommond that.

Positive Results

Posted by Reviewer3140718 on Jul 21, 2009

I used Cholestene for a few months and had my cholesterol rechecked by my primary care doc - the number for 'bad' cholesterol came down. It's working!