Good Cholesterol count

Posted by Reviewer1765498 on Nov 06, 2007

I've been using Red Yeast Rice for a number of years along with Omega 3 to reduce my cholesterol count from 300 down to 167. My usual source for the red yeast quit selling it. So I went on line to find a new source and iHerb had the lowest price. I ordered on a Sunday and by Tuesday it was on my doorstep. No muss, no fuss. iHerb is quick, easy, with great prices. And the Red Yeast is the same great stuff I'd been using and nothing was substituted or messed with. iHerb is the best on the planet and my new supplier now.

it works

Posted by Reviewer3285609 on Jan 16, 2009

I was skeptical, but it did improve my lipid profile considerably; not much change in HDL, but LDL went down by almost 50 points. Highly recommended.

Healthy Origins Cholestene Red Yeast Rice, 120 capsules

Posted by Reviewer1633440 on Jun 02, 2008

Blood test results have shown that 4 capsules per day reduced my chloesterol from 330mg to 195 mg. I am very pleased with the product

Working well so far

Posted by Reviewer3097321 on Aug 07, 2009

My husband had a total cholesterol of 321. 3 months later after a change of diet and taking Cholestene, his total cholesterol has come has come down 40 points and his LDL also went down from 236 to 174. So far so good...

got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by Reviewer3018399 on Sep 24, 2009

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

This is the best!

Posted by Reviewer1747406 on Sep 23, 2011

A doctor recommended this brand. My cholesterol is now normal taking as directed for 6 weeks...in fact now on the low side so I cut back on the dosage for maintainance. My husband has been taking it for years and his numbers are perfect.

The best of the best - Red Yeast!

Posted by Reviewer2896633 on Aug 14, 2016

Hubby has high cholesterol issues since his 20's. (Highest was 340). He was told to take statins which caused him to have muscular weakness so he had to stop & try other things. He is now in his 50's. Through diet & oats, he managed to only lower it below 300 all this while. In Mar 2016, his readings stood at 263 but his HDL & LDL & ratios still exceeded the normal range. Decided to try Cholestene after all the raving reviews here. Latest readings in Aug 2016 show the following... Total : 178 mg/DL (down from 263! Never before in his life had he been below normal < 200!) HDL : 41 mg/DL (up from 36! Normal > 40) LDL : 110 mg/DL (down from 196! Normal < 130) Cholesterol/HDL ratio : 4.3 (down from 7.3! Normal <4.5) The results were amazing! Thank you iherb & thank you Cholestene. Am ordering more again as I need to control my cholesterol too! Will post again on how it helped me in future :) A definite must try product for cholesterol issues if you have any. (Two thumbs up!!)

Take care of your heart

Posted by Reviewer2685660 on Jun 26, 2009

I've tried 3 different Red Yeast Rice products from local store and Puritan Pride. But this is the only one I buy now. I'm thinking that others were watered down or did not function properly. I take two, twice per day for the past 5 years. My blood pressure is NORMAL and I have zero side effects from this product. Try this one before buying something else!

It really works!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3351724 on Feb 18, 2010

I can't take prescription meds for my cholesterol. Started to take this along with Omega-3 Marine oil and my numbers are way down. I think my doctor who wasn't to happy about me taking it, was surprised.

Healthy Origins Cholestene/ Red Yeast Rice, lowered my cholesterol!

Posted by Reviewer2256537 on Jan 21, 2011

My total cholesterol had been about 225 for years- I eat fast foods/pizza..., and don't exercise enough. My Dr. kept &quot;Badgering&quot; me to go on script statins- NO WAY, after Googling their Awful side-effects! After 1yr of 2 caps of HO RYR at breakfast &amp; 2 more with dinner- My Cholesterol dropped to 172 (LDL lower, but no change to HDL or Triglycerides). BTW!- It's Very important to take CoQ10 with ANY statin!- I take 50mg of 1/2 price Healthy Origins Ubiquinol CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is 2x best form!) with each meal. I also take 1x of top-rated EFA's Omega-3 fish oil, twice daily! FYI- CL rated Natures Plus Extended Release 1.7% RYR #1, and Healthy Origins #2- for lovastatin/purity. Many user reviews on the NP Extended Release complained of sleep issues (common for me), so I went with HO.