"Cholestene" LDL Colestrol lowering for those who can not take other statins

Posted by Reviewer1750673 on Feb 07, 2013

"Cholestene" (Red Yeast Rice)taken along with Zetia Rx, CholestOff (Sterols & Stanols)OTC 450 mg (5 per day) and three 1200 mg Fish oil OTC, my LDL cholestrol is 56, HDL 66, and Triglycerides are 61. This special combination rates me even lower than my recommended goal of LDL<70. Doctor is very pleased and often prescribes "Cholestene" to many of his patients who have liver function issues with statins.

Cholestene

Posted by 4697127568752010615 on Dec 26, 2012

this product has worked very well for me. my total cholesterol dropped to 170 from 260. my ratio good to bad is 3.6. my good cholesterol went up from 41 to 49. my tryglycerides came down to 80. I am also walking 40 minutes every day and eating a low glycemic diet so as to not put my body into fat storing mode. (i am not diabetic) and have lost 25lbs. my cholesterol has been high before when I was exercising and losing wieght.

Lowered cholesterol

Posted by 5750791561216708744 on Jul 20, 2012

very efficient in lowering cholesterol!!!

the one that works

Posted by 4778906143594877691 on Jun 30, 2012

i get a physical once a year to make sure all my results are where they should be.last two physicals my total cholestrol and ldl were creeping up,i tried red yeast rice before with no results after checking the internet i found that folks taking healthy orgins cholestene were getting results ,after using this product for three and a half months 2 at lunch 2 at supper and 1 cq-1 100mg i took my yearly physical in that short time total cholestrol dropped 20 points and ldl down 21 points.iam reall happy, also noticed blood sugar glucose and blood pressure were lower,highly recommend this product

Cholestene to the Rescue!

Posted by 4848089137294892030 on Jun 27, 2012

I am forever grateful for this "Healthy Origins" product. Before I started taking Cholestene my BAD cholesterol was 240! My sister recommended taking Cholestene capsules. I started regularly, consistently (important) taking 4 a day (recommended). I went back to my Dr. in about 2 months and it had gone down to 135. After another 6 mos.the bad number was 100, and according to my Dr., that is just within the safe/healthy range. I do exercise almost every day by taking a brisk walk up a hill, but I don't "work out." Also, I don't watch my diet too closely, although to some extent I watch over-indulging in meat and animal protein. But the bottom line is, if it weren't for Cholestene, I would have to be taking those ill-advised, synthetic, statin drugs which, for (many) people, do create unpleasant, intolerable side-effects. I have no side-effects whatever from the Cholestene. I can't praise Cholestene enough!

Healthy Origins, HPF, Cholestene

Posted by Reviewer2996594 on Jun 17, 2012

These capsules really seem to work to help reduce my LDL cholesterol levels.

Red Yeast rice

Posted by Reviewer1435078 on Jun 03, 2012

I have been buying this from iHerb for a long time, they have the best price and delivery is quick. This dropped my Cholesterol from around 215 to 150. Talk to your Dr before you take it.

Try this before a statin-

Posted by treater on May 19, 2012

(if your doctor is willing to work with you, that is) We eat wholesome, heathy foods and take quality supplements. (also no sugar) We have tried different strategies for years to lower my husbads LDL, with no success... until now! After taking Healthy Origins Cholestene and Tocomin Supra Bio for four months, (with no side effects whatsoever) here are his lab reports: (B=before, A=after) Total Cholesterol: B-239, A-147 HDL: B-52, A-47 LDL: B-149, A-83 Triglycerides, B-149, A-86 Chol/HDLC Ratio: B-4.6, A-3.1 His doctor was amazed and told him to continue this regimen. Cholestene, 2 caps morning meal, 2 caps evening meal. (4 caps total per day) Tocomin SupraBio, 1 softgel a.m.

Good i think

Posted by Reviewer2603326 on Apr 14, 2012

Time will tell seems solid product

Great Product! From Miami, FL

Posted by Reviewer3093632 on Mar 19, 2012

I been taking Cholestene for about 4 to 5 months and on my last follow up with my Doctor after doing my lab, my cholesterol level was 190. My Doctor told me that the Red Yeast Rice does helped with the lowering of my cholesterol. I stop taking Crestor and I will continue taking Cholestene. Thank you iHerb