Take care of your heart

Posted by Reviewer2685660 on Jun 26, 2009

I've tried 3 different Red Yeast Rice products from local store and Puritan Pride. But this is the only one I buy now. I'm thinking that others were watered down or did not function properly. I take two, twice per day for the past 5 years. My blood pressure is NORMAL and I have zero side effects from this product. Try this one before buying something else!

It really works!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3351724 on Feb 18, 2010

I can't take prescription meds for my cholesterol. Started to take this along with Omega-3 Marine oil and my numbers are way down. I think my doctor who wasn't to happy about me taking it, was surprised.

Healthy Origins Cholestene/ Red Yeast Rice, lowered my cholesterol!

Posted by Reviewer2256537 on Jan 21, 2011

My total cholesterol had been about 225 for years- I eat fast foods/pizza..., and don't exercise enough. My Dr. kept "Badgering" me to go on script statins- NO WAY, after Googling their Awful side-effects! After 1yr of 2 caps of HO RYR at breakfast & 2 more with dinner- My Cholesterol dropped to 172 (LDL lower, but no change to HDL or Triglycerides). BTW!- It's Very important to take CoQ10 with ANY statin!- I take 50mg of 1/2 price Healthy Origins Ubiquinol CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is 2x best form!) with each meal. I also take 1x of top-rated EFA's Omega-3 fish oil, twice daily! FYI- CL rated Natures Plus Extended Release 1.7% RYR #1, and Healthy Origins #2- for lovastatin/purity. Many user reviews on the NP Extended Release complained of sleep issues (common for me), so I went with HO.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1166364 on Jan 03, 2008

great product realy worked .It also lowered the triglicerides for my husband

Made my stomach too gassy

Posted by Reviewer3018830 on Mar 12, 2011

I bought a bottle to lower my cholesterol. After a few days taking it, I got a very bad gassy upset stomach reaction. I stopped taking it immediately. I am surprised that my stomach was hurting bad because I read that Consumer Lab recommends this brand. I am sure it is a very good brand for many people but for me it just upset my stomach too much. I will just have to try another Red Yeast Rice.

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1894456 on Aug 09, 2011

This product brought my cholesterol level down from 6.1 to 5.2 in 4 months. This was after I had been advised to go on medication . At my latest check up I was told that I do not need medication. It clearly worked and I would advise anyone to at least give it a try.

This is the best!

Posted by Reviewer1747406 on Dec 19, 2016

A doctor recommended this brand. My cholesterol is now normal taking as directed for 6 weeks...in fact now on the low side so I cut back on the dosage for maintainance. My husband has been taking it for years and his numbers are perfect. Update 12/2016. Still use this product when I need it. My husband uses it daily and has for years. His doctor is amazed that his cholesterol numbers are so good without drugs.

Cholestene -Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1304867 on Aug 31, 2010

Before using Cholestene I tried the Costco brand using the same dosage my doctor recommended. When I went back to the doctor have my cholesterol levels check, they were still as high as they were before using the Costco red yeast rice. My cardiologist recommended that I try Cholestene as he said, and I quote, "not all herbal products are the same quality. After using Cholestene for three months, I had my cholesterol levels checked again, and this time they were in the normal range, and they haven't been in the normal range for years, even when I took Lipitor. I would highly recommend Cholestene to anyone who has elevated cholesterol levels as this product really works!!!

LOWERED CHOLESTEROL

Posted by Reviewer3306244 on Feb 01, 2008

This is a very high quality product compared to many others I have seen on the market. We decided to try this before using the statin drug prescribed by my husbands cardiologist. With diet changes and Red Yeast Rice we lowered his cholesterol in just 2 month and lowered it even more over the next 6 month.

Anti-cholesterol treatment supplement

Posted by Reviewer2660596 on Jul 25, 2008

This does a fabulous jjob of reducing my LDL and overall cholesterol. Doctor also indicates that I need to take CoQ10 while using this supplement. Have used for over 5 years with no problems.