got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by Reviewer3018399 on Sep 24, 2009

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

Cholestene -Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1304867 on Aug 31, 2010

Before using Cholestene I tried the Costco brand using the same dosage my doctor recommended. When I went back to the doctor have my cholesterol levels check, they were still as high as they were before using the Costco red yeast rice. My cardiologist recommended that I try Cholestene as he said, and I quote, "not all herbal products are the same quality. After using Cholestene for three months, I had my cholesterol levels checked again, and this time they were in the normal range, and they haven't been in the normal range for years, even when I took Lipitor. I would highly recommend Cholestene to anyone who has elevated cholesterol levels as this product really works!!!

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1894456 on Aug 09, 2011

This product brought my cholesterol level down from 6.1 to 5.2 in 4 months. This was after I had been advised to go on medication . At my latest check up I was told that I do not need medication. It clearly worked and I would advise anyone to at least give it a try.

This is the best!

Posted by Reviewer1747406 on Sep 23, 2011

A doctor recommended this brand. My cholesterol is now normal taking as directed for 6 weeks...in fact now on the low side so I cut back on the dosage for maintainance. My husband has been taking it for years and his numbers are perfect.

try before you take a statin

Posted by 5544142656721852145 on Apr 19, 2015

I have been using this brand of red yeast rice extract because of its rating by Consumer Lab. I would recommend.

Cholestene

Posted by 4785749411487861409 on Dec 13, 2015

Good product

It works!

Posted by 5534770915624249540 on Mar 15, 2016

My cholesterol issue is hereditary. I have been on cholesterol drugs for years. Even though I'm taking the drugs, my cholesterol reading is still not very good. My overall cholesterol is always on the borderline, sometimes slioghtly below 200, sometimes slightly over 200. If I stopped taking the drugs for weeks the reading go beyond 300! I started taking Cholestene since January 2016, 2 capsules in the morning with my breakfast. After taking the capsules for 3 months, I took my blood test last week, and the result was good! My total cholesterol dropped to 162. My HDL increased a lot & my LDL dropped to 81! My triglycerides also in good range! I'll continue taking my cholesterol drugs, but plan to cut the dosage to half! Will continue taking the Cholestene until my next blood test 6 months later. If the result is still good, I may consider ditching the drugs and take only Cholestene! Well, will update the review in 6 months time :)

Toni

Posted by 5095211347688148070 on Apr 04, 2016

This product has lowered my cholesterol almost back to normal.

The best of the best - Red Yeast!

Posted by Reviewer2896633 on Aug 14, 2016

Hubby has high cholesterol issues since his 20's. (Highest was 340). He was told to take statins which caused him to have muscular weakness so he had to stop & try other things. He is now in his 50's. Through diet & oats, he managed to only lower it below 300 all this while. In Mar 2016, his readings stood at 263 but his HDL & LDL & ratios still exceeded the normal range. Decided to try Cholestene after all the raving reviews here. Latest readings in Aug 2016 show the following... Total : 178 mg/DL (down from 263! Never before in his life had he been below normal < 200!) HDL : 41 mg/DL (up from 36! Normal > 40) LDL : 110 mg/DL (down from 196! Normal < 130) Cholesterol/HDL ratio : 4.3 (down from 7.3! Normal <4.5) The results were amazing! Thank you iherb & thank you Cholestene. Am ordering more again as I need to control my cholesterol too! Will post again on how it helped me in future :) A definite must try product for cholesterol issues if you have any. (Two thumbs up!!)

Buy it now!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1703054 on Feb 13, 2012

I took 1 bottle in 1 month... I had 245 points of total cholesterol... last week I made another blood exam... 148 points!!! It really works, I`m taking my second bottle. Just try it combining with workout and a diet!