Healthy Origins, HPF, Cholestene, 120 Capsules

got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by Reviewer3018399 on Sep 24, 2009

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

Cholestene -Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1304867 on Aug 31, 2010

Before using Cholestene I tried the Costco brand using the same dosage my doctor recommended. When I went back to the doctor have my cholesterol levels check, they were still as high as they were before using the Costco red yeast rice. My cardiologist recommended that I try Cholestene as he said, and I quote, "not all herbal products are the same quality. After using Cholestene for three months, I had my cholesterol levels checked again, and this time they were in the normal range, and they haven't been in the normal range for years, even when I took Lipitor. I would highly recommend Cholestene to anyone who has elevated cholesterol levels as this product really works!!!

This Is A Miracle

Posted by Reviewer3090220 on May 10, 2013

I'm one month shy of my 60th BD and have been battling a rising cholesterol for years. Cutting out meat and going vegetarian didn't even help. The numbers kept creeping up. Last June, 2012, my blood work was: Total Serum Cholesterol 269; Triglycerides 115; HDL 52; LDL 79; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. After 6 months of taking 2 capsules twice a day of Cholestene my blood work is: Total Serum Cholesterol 147; Triglycerides 87; LDL 79; HDL 51; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. First, obviously my initial HDL, LDL, and Cholesterol/HDL ratio were normal in June, 2012, and those numbers did not change. But, as you can see, my total cholesterol and triglycerides dropped significantly in 6 months. I watch what I eat: no red meat except for an occasional small piece of grilled buffalo, no desserts, no fatty cheese. I do eat about 2-4 eggs/week, eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, shrimp, turkey burgers, chicken, walnuts, no-fat Greek yogurt, and olives. But that has been my diet for several years after realizing that being a vegetarian wasn't helping my cholesterol. And, I DON'T eat oatmeal,and I don't exercise (some walking)due to severe arthritis. My liver function studies are all normal, and I have not experienced any muscle aches or pains. I do take 600mg COQ10 twice a day and 200 mg Ubiquinol twice a day. Before starting on Cholestene, I read several research articles in journals about red yeast rice and brands of red yeast rice. Cholestene was rated highest, most efficacious, and safest brand sold. I will continue on this product instead of using statins, and I highly recommend Cholestene.

Cholestene

Posted by Reviewer1708927 on Aug 11, 2011

This made me a little dizzy but only tried it for one or two days. Will try with less dosage.

YEAST RICE

Posted by Reviewer1196498 on May 18, 2009

IT GAVE ME LOTS OF GAS AND THEN FREQUENT OVERLY-SOFT BOWELS. STOPPED TAKING IT.