Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2665895 on Dec 23, 2007

Excellent product

30 Points

Posted by Reviewer1332714 on Mar 19, 2010

After taking HPF my total colestrol went down 30 points and I only took one every other day. I am now up to the maximum of 4 a day but haven't had my blood done recently. I will the end of this month. I feel great and really don't want to take a RX. I'll let you know.

Very impressive results!

Posted by Reviewer1500382 on Dec 10, 2009

After taking the recommended dose (4 tabs per day)for 6 months, my total cholesterol has dropped from over 220 to 165. In addition HDL, LDL, and Triglycerides are perfect. I highly recommend it!

It Works!

Posted by Reviewer1901514 on Dec 01, 2009

This product reduced my cholestorol from 239 to 188. The time period between test 1 and test 2 was about 5 months. Unbelieveable results, since I'd tried many other methods (and other brands of red yeast rice)prior to this and couldn't get my cholestorol down by more than 5 points.

Cholestene Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer2108501 on Apr 23, 2009

I switched to Cholestene as it was reviewed by ConsumerLab.com and contains the necessary components to be effective lowering cholesterol. I was taking a different brand of red yeast rice. I find red yeast rice more effective than prescribed statins and cost less as well. It lowered my cholesterol from 250 to 148 with a ldl/hdl ration of 3. On a prescribed statin, my cholesterol was lowered to 105 but my ration was still 5. I find this very effective.

Haven't tried it yet

Posted by Reviewer3268947 on Jul 22, 2013

Haven't tried it yet

Still taking this

Posted by Reviewer2621481 on May 24, 2009

I will continue taking this and go back for my blood test probably a month later. This is my second bottle, so far there hasn't been any side effect and my husband cholesterol had gone down with this in a month although mine still need time to see the effect, so it is very subjective, but this is a good one to get per consumerlab recommendation with its proveable active content

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer3133098 on Aug 08, 2008

When the brand I had been using was no longer available, I used Consumer Lab Reports to help me decide which new brand of red yeast rice I would purchase. Cholestene seemed like a good choice for me. Using Slo Niacin and red yeast rice (and a sensible diet and moderate exercise)has been enough to keep my cholestrol at acceptable levels. It will be several more weeks before blood tests reveal whether there has been any change, so I'm only giving Cholestene and 3-star rating; in other words, so far so good. I would, however, give iHerb 5 stars. This is the first time I have purchased a product from them and I am 100% satisfied.

Cholestine use results

Posted by Reviewer3242768 on Jun 24, 2011

Very pleased with cholesterol results, using 1200 mg per day with 1 gram of omega 3 fish oil. Total cholesterol 152, hdl 62, ldl 77.

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer3349222 on Aug 09, 2008

Seems to lower my cholesterol. Will let you know more after I've had bloodwork.