Healthy Origins, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

natural anti-depressant

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on May 21, 2014

5-HTP is the precursor to serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter. Depression is usually treated with SSRI drugs which basically just recycle what little serotonin you already have (they prevent the breakdown or metabolism of it). By feeding your body 5-HTP you are giving it the raw material needed to produce serotonin on its own. More raw material = more serotonin = happy and calm. Dr. Murray ND has written extensively on 5-THP and uses it to wean his patients off SSRI drugs. Dosages of up to 900 mg/day can be used. Other supporting components include magnesium, B vitamins (especially B6/P-5-P) and vitamin C.

5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2664923 on Feb 14, 2011

really helps with sleep

5-HTP sleep induction

Posted by Reviewer3145691 on May 24, 2011

Well, I think it's helping since at least I'm sleeping straight for five and a bit hours which is decent for someone like me. I think it's working.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2902613 on Oct 30, 2011

I'm a senior in college, and have been under a lot of personal and academic stress. I started waking up every morning with moderate to severe anxiety, nausea and slight depression, and it got to the level where I could barely function. However, I did NOT want to have to go on anti-anxiety or depression medication. So I did a little research and found this. I take Natural 5-HTP in addition to Suntheanine before I go to bed, and my morning anxiety has decreased significantly. Not to mention my sleep quality is tons better. It hasn't completely gone away, but it's gotten to the level of manageability, and I'm very grateful for that.

good product

Posted by Reviewer2238409 on Nov 10, 2011

did not know 5HTP was working until i stopped taking it and then i noticed a difference in attitude - this brand seems to work like the others i have tried so i just look for a good price on this supplement and always shop iherb