Supplement for sun protection

Posted by Reviewer2523182 on Nov 10, 2012

I purchased this (onto my 3rd bottle now) primarily for its sun protection properties, in addition to using sunscreen daily. I'm not averse to sun-tanning occasionally when I head to the pool for a swim or go on a scuba diving vacation. What I don't want is for my skin to fry unnecessarily. With all sunscreens the same at either SPF 30+ or SPF 50, I find that I don't tan as rapidly after taking astaxanthin, as compared to my pre-astaxanthin days. I was recently away for 10 whole days of scuba diving in The Philippines and only came back 2 shades darker (i.e. MAC NC 20 to MAC NC 30). This really helps with sun protection. As for eye health and keeping wrinkles at bay, we'll have to monitor this longer. I purchased the bottle when it was US$20+. The price has gone up to over US$30+ in the space of a handful of months. No me gusta.

Great for acne

Posted by 5499408284076952318 on Apr 27, 2015

Excellent product for my acne.

Didn't cause any harm.

Posted by alexandre on Jul 20, 2012

I honestly didn't feel any difference, maybe because I am in great shape. I will try it again when I get older.

Seems good

Posted by 4780315284233451830 on Jun 30, 2016

I have only been taking these tablets for about three weeks now. I think I have been a little sharper mentally since I've been taking them so the signs are promising. The capsule itself is black and quite slippery so easy to take. I take an awful lot of supplements so having something that is easier to take is a blessing. I do wonder where the black colouring comes from though. I like the Healthy Origins brand as I take the pycnogenol from this supplier and it is very good - I think they are a quality brand.

hope it will work

Posted by Reviewer1596342 on May 12, 2012

Good product

Highest strength

Posted by Reviewer2436244 on May 15, 2012

Highest strength I have found. Seems to be working.