Supplement for sun protection

Posted by Reviewer2523182 on Nov 10, 2012

I purchased this (onto my 3rd bottle now) primarily for its sun protection properties, in addition to using sunscreen daily. I'm not averse to sun-tanning occasionally when I head to the pool for a swim or go on a scuba diving vacation. What I don't want is for my skin to fry unnecessarily. With all sunscreens the same at either SPF 30+ or SPF 50, I find that I don't tan as rapidly after taking astaxanthin, as compared to my pre-astaxanthin days. I was recently away for 10 whole days of scuba diving in The Philippines and only came back 2 shades darker (i.e. MAC NC 20 to MAC NC 30). This really helps with sun protection. As for eye health and keeping wrinkles at bay, we'll have to monitor this longer. I purchased the bottle when it was US$20+. The price has gone up to over US$30+ in the space of a handful of months. No me gusta.

It really helps.

Posted by 5761358715666553708 on Feb 14, 2015

I have inflammation on my knees and this product really remits it.

Didn't cause any harm.

Posted by alexandre on Jul 20, 2012

I honestly didn't feel any difference, maybe because I am in great shape. I will try it again when I get older.

one of the few supplements you actually can feel.

Posted by Reviewer1116896 on Oct 13, 2014

for athletes this one is a must for fast recovery. big difference. i feel slightly subtle more energy from it too. and I suspect it works wonders on cancer prevention. this bottle is best value pr. mg to cost.

Good for eye health

Posted by Reviewer1142540 on Jul 03, 2016

I take this for eye health, it also has other health benefits. In addition to this, for eye health, I take Blue Bonnet Beta Carotene, C, E, Plus Selenium(has high amount of beta carotene for vitamin A-do not take more than 50,000IU), Solgar Ester-C Plus 1,000mg Vitamin C(for extra vitamin C divided doses), Solaray Lutein Advanced(high amount of Lutein, also Zeazanthin, bilberry, spinach), Solgar Sublingual Methylcobalamin 5,000 mcg(considered the forgotten vitamin), Healthy Origins E-1000 natural vitamin E, Now Ginkgo Biloba Double Strength-these are very good for eye health. Then, if need more nutrition for the eyes: Now Choline & Inositol(for healthy nerves, including optic nerve), Life Extension Eye Pressure Support with Mirtogenol(has bilberry), Nature's Way Eyebright, Solaray Zinc Copper(needs to be a certain amount of zinc to copper), Nature's Way Fennel seed. God bless you all.

This product really works.

Posted by 5712057294347040917 on Oct 04, 2016

I had runners knee and as long as I take Triple Strength Astaxanthin my knees don't bother me. This is a great product.

Triple Strength Astaxanthins

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Apr 15, 2015

Who could ask for more

Excellent.

Posted by Reviewer1983035 on Dec 29, 2012

Will always be in my supplement regime.

Good Quality

Posted by Reviewer2582051 on Feb 26, 2016

I like this one and the Hawaiian one too. 12mg is what you need for results, especially with sun tolerance.

Seems to Help

Posted by Reviewer2894093 on May 16, 2014

I am hoping it is fending off free radical damage. Seems to be the best value for money.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »