54 oz of delicious organic extra virgin coconut oil for just $23.95. Great value for money.

Posted by Leione on Apr 12, 2014

Not only does this coconut oil tastes great, but it's packed with health benefits and can be used both internally and externally. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient oil also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut oil can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut oil both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

Healthy Origins, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Posted by karishma on Dec 19, 2013

I was a little uncertain about how this particular coconut oil would taste as I was so used to Nutiva brand. I am very pleased with Healthy Origins coconut oil. It hardly has a taste and I use it in my cooking and put it in my coffee. Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is the only cooking oil I use at home.

Better Then Nutiva

Posted by 4858857738135658836 on Dec 31, 2013

I really love this coconut oil.I thought it tasted fresher and of higher quality than even Nutiva Coconut oil.Great price too,highly recommended.

Great Brand

Posted by 5334467225285548671 on Jan 08, 2014

I had been buying my coconut oil at Whole Foods (their store brand) forever until I found out I could order it in a bulk amount like this. I was skeptical about trying a brand I had NEVER heard of because I tend to gravitate towards what I know. I am more than happy with this product! We use coconut oil for everything from cooking to personal beauty/health use to giving it to our dogs. It's just as good as what I had been previously buying. For the value, I will definitely buy again! Not to mention this should last me forever. I was wasting money buying the small jars at Whole Foods!

great coconut oil

Posted by 4827980448278450180 on Nov 27, 2013

This product is made in the Philippines. Only one ingredient: coconut! Everybody should add EXTRA VIRGIN coconut oil into their diet. Extra virgin anything means its something that is in its most natural form - unrefined, untouched, and made in the most natural way (handmade vs machine vs raw vs chemically added) This is a great price for EXTRA VIRGIN coconut oil. You will see benefits!

Great as moisturizer, deodorant and in smoothies

Posted by fromstrawtomore on Feb 12, 2014

I use raw virgin coconut oil more on my body than as a food these days. It's excellent as a whole body moisturizer and I make my own antiperspirant/deodorant with it (2 T of coconut oil mixed with 2 T of baking soda, 3 T of arrowroot and essential oils).

I LOVE THE SMELL OF THIS COCONUT OIL!!!

Posted by 4742138858482564383 on Nov 21, 2013

A great deal all around!!! I love cooking with it, and using it on my family's hair and skin!!! Feels great and gives your hair and skin a lasting shine. My family has super dry skin and unfortunately the initial moisture our skin receives doesn't last all day using coconut oil alone. But if mixed with a little Shea butter you will receive lasting moisture with a lasting shine that lasts for 24-48 hours. I love this coconut oil and will definitely buy it again!!! I recommend to any and every one looking for a good coconut oil as a staple product for their home. I'm going to buy more to keep some for my kitchen and my bathroom.

Bought because my usual was out of stock

Posted by 4987810012945287321 on Feb 12, 2014

Better than some I have tried, especially for the price - nice texture, pleasant fresh coconut aroma, no bitter aftertaste / irritated throat feeling you can get with some CO. I would say the flavour is more neutral than I was expecting from the smell, and as I prefer the stronger flavour for raw eating, I will be reserving this one for cooking and skincare, where it does nicely for both, and waiting to order my usual again for raw eating.

Cooking with it is fine, but tasting it raw makes me wanna puke

Posted by SavoringLife on Nov 27, 2013

If you eat it raw, it tastes absolutely gross. Like cooking or machine oil (not that I have tasted the latter :p) If you cook with it, it is alright. Can't taste the coconut though. However, the smell when you open the bottle is definitely coconut. Since I have friends who swear raw coconut oil tastes heavenly, it's either this brand or my taste buds. I trust my taste buds more.

great!

Posted by kei-rylie on Dec 10, 2013

reasonably priced! i used it as a make-up remover. very effective in removing especially eye make-up. very light, very gentle. easy to swallow as well because my mom who is currently tube-fed due to stroke, can swallow. it's very pleasantly scented. i make my parents take it everyday to control their diabetes. i also use it for oil-pulling which is great compared to sesame oil. it's not revolting. have made my second purchase in less than 3weeks!