July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Healthy Origins, Pycnogenol, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Best Value true Pycnogenol. Remember to take this with a little vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2325387 on Jan 29, 2013

There is some evidence to suggest that OPCs such as grapeseed and Pycnogenol are better absorbed if one takes them with a little vitamin C (e.g. amla powder or acerola, or camu camu, or rosehips etc.), so do consider that when using Pycnogenol. On the value side of things, it makes me laugh that people buy masquelier's pine bark extract in an attempt to save money, but Healthy Origins' Pycnogenol is LOWER cost-per-mg. People just look at the bottle price and don't stop to calculate the maths: Source Naturals, Masquelier's French Pine Bark Extract: 50 mg, 60 Tablets = $22.68 = 3000mg = 0.756 cents per mg Healthy Origins Genuine Pycnogenol: 100mg, 30 capsules = $19.99 = 3000mg = 0.666 cents per mg 100mg, 60 capsules = $32.95 = 6000mg = 0.549 cents per mg I'll keep buying this Healthy Origins genuine Pycnogenol. However, I COMBINE it with a little vitamin C, some Now EGCg, Now 'Mega Potency' grapeseed extract, and Now 240mg (generic) pinebark extract. If you're a big fan of antioxidants, please steer clear of Alpha Lipoic Acid as it is potentially hazardous if one has heavy metals in the body &/or has mercury dental amalgams, since it can carry heavy metals into the brain. People think it's just an anti-oxidant but it isn't. If you want to take an anti-oxidant which (like ALA) is BOTH water-soluble AND fat-soluble, then a safer option would be astaxanthin. Healthy Origins also do very good value astaxanthin.

Really Versatile

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 25, 2012

Originally, I started taking Pycnogenol to ameliorate the symptoms of von Willebrand disease (a blood coagulation disorder), and it certainly helped reduce the frequency of nosebleeds. Beyond that, however, I noticed that my usually cool hands and feet were warm and flushed with color, even in cold environments. After about two weeks, I noticed that my skin was clearer, more even, and more smooth than it has ever been before. If my results are typical, this brand's (Healthy Origins) Pycnogenol is high-quality and also a very good value. I've recommended it to those dealing with blood coagulation/clotting disorders, to those with high blood pressure, as well as to those with erectile dysfunction. Healthy Origins, Pycnogenol truly deserves five (out of five possible) stars.

Amazing product!

Posted by Reviewer1920078 on Aug 25, 2012

I started using this product for my skin. It has definitely helped with making my skin more supple and youthful looking. I am 43 and was at Costco today when one of the ladies giving out samples asked me what products I used for my face because my skin looked so nice. I believe it is this product that has made the difference. I also read about the benefits of using this product for ADD children. My son is 11, and I began giving this to him right after school ended, Within one week, his emotional outbursts had improved 90%. He even asks to take his "medicine" because it makes him feel so much better. I don't know if it will help with his attention in school, but if we can avoid the emotional meltdowns, I am one happy Mommy. It is not cheap, but it isn't any more expensive than the toxic ADHD medications that most doctors will prescribe for your child. Try this first.

This actually works to relieve nueropathy symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer2075351 on Mar 08, 2012

I have experienced substantial immediate relief of my neuropathy while taking Pycnogenol 100mg. The numbness in my feet decreased about 50%, and the occasional pain was reduced by 90%! I am very happy with it, and use it daily!

So far already seeing benefits!

Posted by Reviewer1139021 on Mar 15, 2012

I have been taking this pycogenol for about a month so far (1 per day) and the main thing I have noticed is that my allergies/cough have pretty much gone away completely. At the beginning of January this year I got sick with a pretty bad cold and have had a cough ever since that is only at night and in the morning. My doctor told me that it was most likely allergies or asthma, neither of which I have had before. The pycogenol is the only thing I have added to my regimen of vitamins/supplements in the past month and now my cough is gone.Yay!! I am also hoping this will help with my endometriosis pain which was the reason that I started taking it so hopefully I can report back seeing a benefit on that soon too. I plan to start taking this twice a day instead of once so I'm hoping that will help.