calmer

Posted by Reviewer1747443 on May 10, 2011

really works ...calm me down right away

Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2981997 on Sep 20, 2011

These are a must up north, facing another long , cold and dark winter again.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3195489 on Feb 22, 2012

Really effective. Living in north without winter sun, I could really see the difference. Energy levels went up and no flue this winter. I was eating this softgels with butter and fatty meals. That way vitamin D gets easily to the system.

Helps raise levels

Posted by Reviewer1115165 on Oct 23, 2012

brought me from a 22ng/ml to 41ng/ml in a few months time.

I have a few people taking this dose...

Posted by DoctorMav on Oct 27, 2012

...and their serum Vitamin D levels are improving from quite attrocious levels. In Australia, you should aim to have a minimum reading of 100 nmol/L (in US this is equivalent to 40 ng/mL). The best source of Vit D is sunlight (when sun is directly overhead). Get it regularly but never to point where it burns you. Consider taking astaxanthin to boost your skin's ability to resist damage from free radicals.

Good vit D product

Posted by NBPT100 on Jan 13, 2016

Much has been written on vitamin D so I will not go into it here. This is a decent d product as it uses healthy oils and ingredients. Get your D measured before you decide what dosage is best for you. 5000 i.u's may or may not be an appropriate dosage for you. I only give this 4 stars because I like a liquid form of vitamin D better than this product. It is more cost effective and you can adjust you dose as needed. This is a good deal at the special trial price. Go to my iHerb home page to see what D product I recommend and read more about the many benefits of D. If this was helpful kindly click the YES button and see my iHerb page for more value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Stick to 2000 or 1000

Posted by Reviewer1404708 on Jun 05, 2013

I think 5000IU is too much for someone to take for more than 2 weeks. I would recommend the 1000 or 2000 unless your doctor has said otherwise.

Great product and awesome value for money

Posted by 5197983817811876263 on Jun 25, 2013

I got this in one of the trials and it's fantastic. I've tried many brands and to have one like this that I could trial and with such a great and understandable ingredients list made me happy to give this brand a try. Have to say I'll be returning to purchase too.

Recommended product!

Posted by KurtJacobsen on Oct 31, 2014

The softgels are small and easy to swallow. I also like, that the filler is pure cold pressed olive oil. The bottle was deform when it arrived, but the package wasn't damaged, so it must have happened either at iHerb or during manufactoring. It's not a problem as such, as the safety seal was intact and the product seems OK. The bottle is relatively small, but it could easily have been even smaller to help the environment, since the small softgels only cover the bottom. I take one softgel every day. I take mine in the morning, because vitamin D is also known to affect daytime/nighttime rhythm. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. In modern life with indoor work, most people rarely expose their skin to the sun. It is suggested, that 80% of americans (and probably the rest of the world as well) are deficient i vitamin D, with severe health damage. Most adults should supplement with at least 2000 IU per day at summertime, and at least 4000 IU at winter.

Good and inexpensive

Posted by HealthyGuy on Aug 21, 2012

This is a good, inexpensive product. Vitamin D3 is important to take in winter and when feeling depressed (in which case I would recommend 10,000 IU a day).