| English
| USD ($)

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Did not work

Posted by Reviewer2203336 on Dec 04, 2010

My husband was taking this daily... for months... just had a blood test... the doctor told us he has LOW vitamin D levels. We are switching brands in a hurry.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin D is the most important nutrient discovered. In fact, it is more of a hormone than vitamin! It is probably the most researched nutrient/hormone at the moment. It is currently known to prevent/reduce all forms of cancer growth, heart disease, diabetes, dementia, sleepiness, dry skin, autoimmune disease, mental degenerative diseases, dental diseases, osteoporosis, depression, obesity, asthma, muscle weakness, improve immune system and many other undiscovered benefits. This supplement uses Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) which is better absorbed and more bio active, compared to D2 (ergocalciferol). This bottle is very cheap for a nearly a year supply. However, I would recommend daily intake of 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. Even so, it will still last you for 6 months! The further you stay away from the equator, the more Vitamin D you will need. Even if you stay near the equator like me but have to stay in the office all day, you probably want to take 1-2 softgels daily. Most people are chronically deficient in Vitamin D due to the years of misinforming the population to avoid the sunlight at all costs (sunblock etc). Vitamin D is fat-soluble so it’s best to take it with healthy fats (The olive oil in the softgel might suffice though). The softgel are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), small and easy to swallow. This is currently one of my arsenal of supplements! Check out my page for more reviews!

seems to work fine

Posted by Reviewer1571982 on Dec 08, 2009

I feel more energetic and the general mood is good despite dark winter times.

Very good D3 supliment

Posted by Reviewer1838781 on Dec 07, 2009

Here in finland we need D-Vitamin supliment,and this HO's 360 5000IU softgels is about years consume for 1 person. They came packed very well and the softgels are good quality.

Excellent value

Posted by Reviewer1234602 on Feb 22, 2010

These softgels represent excellent value and are much cheaper than the equivalent in the UK even with the delivery charges. This was my first order from iHerb and I was very impressed with the service - I placed my order on a Tuesday afternoon UK time and it was delivered to my door on Thursday morning! I used the DHL courier option, which was well worth paying the $10 for. The product is good, too - the softgels are easy to take and, after six weeks, my Vitamin D levels have gone from very low (18 ng/ml) to well within the normal range, although I have to admit that I switched to the 10,000IU version after a couple of weeks, as this was the amount I wanted to take on a daily basis, so it made sense to take only capsule instead of two. However, now that I have got my levels up to where they should be, I will be switching back to these softgels for the rest of the winter.