Helps with Cat's IBS - and mine too!

Posted by Reviewer1847352 on Mar 31, 2010

I started using "Heather's Tummy Fiber" to help a couple of my geriatric cats with feline IBS. One of my old divas had suffered from chronic diarrhea for months: the anti-spasmotic and antibiotic combo med. from the vet only helped while she was taking it: the diarrhea always returned, worse than before. Forti-Flora and other similar products alone, provided no relief. None of the most expensive feline diets helped. I first tried apple pectin, and although it helped slightly, none of my Devine Felines tolerated the aroma or texture. Tummy Fibers was the answer! It has no objectionable "texture" (aka: grit or slime), and no detectable aroma or flavor - even for very picky felines! I add a little fish oil to their dry food as a "sticker", and blend in the Tummy Fibers, (plus 12 or more of the "Pet Naturals of Vermont, Digestive Support for Cats" [enzyme] capsules) . I generally add about one cup of Tummy Fiber to a large bag of dry food - and IT WORKS! The added fiber has not only helped my IBS kitties become "regular cats" once again, but the rest of the herd makes less aromatic litter box deposits, and the "heaving a hair-ball" song is no longer heard throughout the day - and night. I am convinced this approach has saved the life of Allison Anne, my long-haired cali-torti fluffy-ruffled furball Diva! I also now take Tummy Fiber instead of using Mira-Lax (aka: human anti-freeze) to treat chronic IBS. It is the only fiber product I have ever tried that actually WORKS for the chronic constipation resulting from Sjogren's syndrome. Over the last 40-something years, I have tried a lot of ineffective treatments: but Heather's Tummy Fiber WORKS. Thanks iHerb, for offering an effective healthy product at such a good price!

Life saver!

Posted by 5646491431190120701 on Jun 24, 2013

I have been struggling with IBS since I was a child. I finally found this and decided to buy it. This dissolves completely clear with no flavor, which I love. I drink 1 tsp right away in the morning and 1 tsp at night. After I drink it in the morning I take my probiotic. The combination of the two has helped me to feel the best I have felt in years. I highly recommend and will be purchasing again!

Awesome Product

Posted by Reviewer2056153 on May 22, 2009

I have been dealing with this for years. The product said it could take weeks depending upon your system, but it was literally overnight for me. No more severe abdominal pain after I eat and more regularity. Thank you so much!

Finally Feel Normal! GET IT NOW!

Posted by 5588992579960027088 on Jan 07, 2014

Since I have been using Heather's Tummy Fiber consistently, for the first time in my life, my digestive system feels somewhat "normal". I can't imagine life before Heather's Tummy Fiber. I use two teaspoons in my morning coffee and depending on how I'm feeling or what I've been eating, I will sometimes add another two teaspoons in my evening herbal tea. If you're on the fence about getting this fiber, don't wait any longer! It's the best thing that's ever happened to my tummy!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Feb 23, 2010

I highly recommend this fiber. It mixes into any liquid with no taste or grit. It also doesn't seem to produce gas or bloating like some fibers do. I take a tablespoon every morning and sometimes another one at night if I haven't eaten well that day.

HEALTHY FIBER

Posted by saynotorxdrugs on Dec 04, 2013

From all the research I've done, this is the safest and most effective fiber to add in small amounts to food which I've done with good results. This size will last a very long time so it is more economical, too. Enzymes and probiotics will help with digestion issues, too. Five stars! Hope this helps you.

Good quality soluble fiber on par with organic psylium husk

Posted by roselaren on Nov 28, 2014

I tried organic psylium husk and didn't have any problem with that but too gritty and large gel molecules so I decided to tried this one in comparable and find out that it's give me the same effect with organic psylium husk but it's texture is very fineeeeeee and powdery dissolve like water and easier to drink.

Wow, excellent stuff

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on May 13, 2011

I started with 1/4 tsp and moved up daily till now at 1 1/4 teaspoons and that was the magic number for me. Now I am like clockwork again. Yes, this stuff is hard to dissolve but once you get used to it it's easy. You put in a cup. I make coffee substitute in a diff cup. Then pour the liquid into the first cup (as directed). You stir and it makes big blobs. You then let it sit a couple minutes and stir again. Finally they have dissolved. I usually need to let my drink cook anyway, so I have learned to work with it. This product adds no taste and does not thicken, so your coffee is still at liquid consistency. I also have had ZERO gas or bloating like those horrible psysillum fibers cause. I will continue using it.

Tummy Fiber works!

Posted by Reviewer2713624 on Sep 17, 2010

I bought this product a few weeks ago. I self-diagnosed myself with IBSd and it has been awesome. I tried Fibersure and had horrible gas and bloating even after 2 weeks but not at all with Tummy Fiber. I am up to 1.5 tsp. in the morning and 1 tsp. at night, i've nearly stabilized on just that. I can eat meals that would normally have sent me running to the bathroom without ill side effects. It's really easy to mix into a glass of water and doesn't have grit or noticeable taste. I love the product. I plan to recommend to my mother who suffers from IBSd also. It's well worth the money to have good fiber that doesn't upset your stomach.

IBS

Posted by Reviewer1251445 on Jul 30, 2009

I've started using this morning and night and I'm feeling so much better.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »