Nothing like a Mother's Love!

Posted by 4939640638573774226 on Nov 07, 2015

I was looking for help with the occasional heart-flutters that kicked in as I first started entering perimenopause. I learned that adequate calcium in needed for the heart to regulate its rhythm, and the first move I made was to quit drinking coffee, which turned out to have an immediate effect, which was a huge relief. But I still had the occasional episodes of "heart-races" and wanted to do more to help my body through this transition. I found Motherwort tincture recommended in New Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way by Susun Weed. She said it was good for the heart (among a myriad of other things like emotional outbursts and anxiety), and I have found that it really does help to calm my heart and reestablish its normal rhythm when I take it during one of these episodes, and taking it daily has helped to dramatically reduce their frequency. I'm not especially prone to emotional meltdowns, but I did have one a couple of months ago and a dropperful of Motherwort was all it took to regain my balance (thankfully before doing any damage to my relationships!). I have a reaction to licorice root, which happens to be in many menopausal blends, yet I don't miss them when I have Motherwort at my side - it's more than an option, it's an ally who can do much to help single-handed. I would highly recommend this for any woman going through menopause, and for anyone who has bad headaches or a hard time sleeping. Motherwort is so calming to the mind and the system, its like giving a mug of warm milk to a child. After using this wonderful product for a while, I learned that you should use it with caution if you are prone to flooding. As wonderful as it is, boy can it be a problem if you are prone to flooding and use this every day! If you tend to bleed heavily and are also subject to episodes of tachycardia, try using it as soon as possible after an episode begins. I'm finding that using it this way has prevented further flooding incidents and stops the tachycardia after a few minutes. Mother is still trustworthy to head off a crisis, but call on her with respect!

Tastes icky but seems to work

Posted by 5409426943282704409 on Feb 03, 2015

I take this to improve my lower body circulation - if you're post menopausal, you'll understand what that means. It seems to WORK. I use 2X a day. It tastes nasty, but you drink it fast - in 2 oz. of water - and repeat AM and PM, or more often as required.

no difference yet

Posted by 4968324870253632721 on Nov 28, 2014

All three products seemed of high quality. However I only used for 3 weeks and really did not see a difference. Was amazed with quick delivery. Company is very reliable.

Helpful for heart palpitations & anxiety

Posted by 5154877746534078903 on Jun 27, 2014

This is wonderful for anxiety that leads to a racing heart. Within 15 minutes of taking a dropper full beneath my tongue (warning: the taste is strong without water!) I feel much more relaxed & experience a reduced heart rate.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1736908 on Jan 14, 2012

Herb Pharm tinctures are the best. Supports calmness and normal blood pressure.

motherwort, herb pharm

Posted by Reviewer2544847 on Oct 20, 2011

great for adding to tea...herb pharm top of the line products i have used for many years!

herb pharm motherwort

Posted by Reviewer2565531 on Sep 26, 2011

this product raises my blood pressure high. i don't think i will order it again. sorry.

motherwort yes

Posted by Reviewer2615879 on Jun 17, 2011

Great herb and wonderful service. thank you so very much!

delivery of motherwort

Posted by Reviewer1912342 on Apr 14, 2011

very expedient, as always!

Motherwort

Posted by Reviewer2476108 on Apr 03, 2009

This product works well. I use it when I need to calm down and slow the rhythm of my heartbeats.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »