| English
| USD ($)

Herb Pharm, St. John's Wort Oil, 1 fl oz (29.6 ml)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Therapeutic relief for Shingles pain-

Posted by treater on May 20, 2012

I am in the 5th week of a severe case of shingles. I have been using a topical treatment prescribed by my doctor, (a compounded Milk of Magnesia/Steroid lotion) which was marginally helpful. A pharmacist friend recommended St. John's Wort Oil, because of it's anti-viral properties, and the analgesic, sedating effect on the excruciating eruptions. I am in the 'scab' stage of the outbreak, with thick, dry scabs that pull away painfully whenever I move. With the very first application of this oil, the relief was profound! The dry, tight scabs were soothed and softened, and the pain subsided very quickly. I immediately ordered two more bottles. St. John's Wort Oil's anti-inflammatory properties make it useful in cases of nerve inflammation such as shingles, and also for recovery from wounds/injuries where there has been nerve tissue damage. I will continue to use this with the hope that it will heal my nerve endings and prevent the dreaded Postherpetic Neuralgia that can occur.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2798027 on Feb 08, 2010

Excellent for pain. I use on my back followed by St. John's wort extract. The alcohol in the extract makes the oil absorb quickly and pain is gone in a few minutes.

Great for cuts

Posted by 5435026103089698477 on Feb 20, 2014

I used this after knee scope surgery and it helped the incisions heal faster

Works for sunburn

Posted by Reviewer1562837 on Mar 07, 2015

I use this for sunburn. My only gripe is the cost for such a small amount as I go through it pretty quickly.

Soothes Aches and Pains

Posted by Reviewer2679904 on Nov 05, 2011

I love the St. John's Wort oil and rub it into my joints and muscles daily. It gives great relief from all those aches and pains which seem to go along with getting older. I only wish there was a 2oz. bottle available instead of only the 1 and 4 oz.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »