Not as good as I hoped

Posted by Reviewer1948992 on Apr 20, 2010

Pros: It did work and did color my grey (hence the two stars). Cons: 1) It really stunk of a pukey kind of smell, yes not ammonia but I didn't like this smell either. 2) My hair came out much darker, almost black, didn't suit my skin coloring. It has faded/washed out somewhat now, after 4 weeks, so it's looking better from that perspective. 3) However, my worst complaint is that it made some of my hair fall out! I have been losing about a dozen plus hairs a day since using this product. My hair was fine before, so I attribute the hair loss to some reaction between my scalp and this product.

dried out my hair terribly!!!

Posted by 5033430970362654506 on Jul 21, 2013

i am writing this just after I used this product. Okay it did cover the grey completely but it dried out my hair terribly! Just after I washed off the gel the hair was coarse like wire! and rough to touch! I was so scared and then I put on the royal cream provided in the packge. It did improve a bit but still so dry and I am now using a treatment on my hair to try to rescue it. I will never buy this again. I;ve tried many dyes but this is the worst in terms of drying out my hair like wire! the star is for covering the grey but i only hv 10% grey. PS. I did look at the leaflet and follow the instructions.

One gray hair sighting freaks me out.

Posted by Reviewer1078931 on May 01, 2009

LOVE IT ! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! A lot cheaper than the hair stylist without the smell and the toxins. Easy to apply gel that doesn't drip all over the place. I use it about every 4 weeks. Equal parts of the 2 containers makes mixing colors easy.

FANTASTIC

Posted by Minna2theMax on Oct 14, 2016

Wow -- what a truly great product. Looks sooooo natural, amazing texture (not at all heavy) and left my hair so soft & shiny. Hair color that leaves your hair better than it was before coloring!! Also I only used maybe 1/4 of the product to touch up my hair -- so multiple uses possible. Great!! (BTW I've also tried one other natural brand on here -- Naturtint I think -- and it was terrible.... Left a tar-like build-up in my hair, and the color looked quite fake as well.)

good

Posted by 4651638579608365088 on Dec 26, 2012

good

Chestnut 4N

Posted by 5176065221117625019 on Jun 18, 2016

Natural but price is bit too high

Hair Color

Posted by Reviewer1298875 on Jul 29, 2009

I love this hair color. It is easy to use and it doesn't dye my skin, yet colors my hair perfectly.

Fantastic product

Posted by Reviewer1555608 on Dec 07, 2014

A great low chemical permanent hair colour - I never use anything else now. Can get 2 applications out of 1 packet

great product

Posted by Reviewer1575331 on Nov 09, 2011

excellent color retention, no nasty chemicals!!

Herbatint Permanent Herbal Haricolor Gel

Posted by 5111858761933141747 on Sep 02, 2014

Have been a fan for years. Healthy alternative for covering grays and beautiful color. Price is right & if you have short hair you can obtain more than 2-3 applications.