July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Herbatint, Permanent Herbal Haircolor Gel, 5C Light Ash Chestnut, 4.5 fl oz

Reviews 3-star

Darker than expected, fades

Posted by Reviewer2625092 on Sep 22, 2013

This dye will make your hair as dark as Katy Perry's or Cher's (or very close). It successfully covered all my gray hair without mixing it with an "N" color, as the directions said, but unfortunately it was much darker than I expected. UPDATE: Although the color was initially ash colored and darker than my natural hair color, it faded with time. Several months later as my hair grew out and the roots became visible, the part I dyed actually looked oranger and slightly lighter than my natural hair color. I don't think the ash color lasts. This dye did permanently cover the gray. I definitely recommend buying 1-2 shades lighter than how you think it will turn out based on the color's name. If you want to maintain an ash color, it will probably require a semi-permanent dye to be applied every so often. I think this problem of the ash color washing out is typical of most permanent hair dyes even from salons.