Great brand, great value

Posted by Reviewer1161581 on Nov 03, 2007

I am really impressed with Himalaya, both for the product quality and price here at iHerb. I take Mucuna because I have, in the past, done a lot of things (drugs) that left my neurotransmitters sadly messed up. Mucuna supplies L-dopa, which is used to make dopamine, which affects mood, sexuality, and movement, and so if you've damaged those facets of your neurochemistry (and I have), this is a great, natural supplement. It is also an antioxidant.

Relief from RLS

Posted by Reviewer2802644 on Jan 31, 2009

For years I spent nights laying awake with my legs jerking because I had restless leg syndrome. I tablet of mucuna each morning has proven to be a miracle for me. Once in a while I will break through and my mind starts going along with my legs. On those nights I take "Restful Legs" by Hyland (also found on iHerb) and within a few minutes I'm sound asleep. I cannot be without these 2 products and I feel much better with them than with a prescription for a tranquilizer.

A wonderful sense of well-being

Posted by Reviewer1504810 on Jun 16, 2006

I first became aware of this herb through an ad I received in the mail and bought the above product formula from you. It has proven to be the most wonderful product for a sense of well being. I hope to never be without it. Thank you for carrying in your product line such a fine product!!

not for me

Posted by Reviewer1582051 on Jan 24, 2011

First day I took one tab in morning. I felt soooo relaxed for the whole day. Smiled alot hehe. Second day I started to feel little weird in the head and not too relaxed. Third day my thoughts were going nuts. My head was mess and felt overall strangeness everywhere. Afterwards I read that some people can get psychotic effects from l-dopa. That seemed to happen to me. The scary effects went away quicky after discontinuing this product.

works

Posted by Reviewer2886288 on Aug 28, 2008

This product works well for my dopamine disorder along with wellbutrin and l-tryosine.

good for energy

Posted by Reviewer1505881 on Oct 25, 2008

these are good for energy and help alertness and focus. I don't take them regularly but handy to have around

Potent

Posted by 5395087973126052511 on Apr 23, 2014

This is very potent however WAY too strong. Even just a third of a tablet causes symptoms of excessive dopamine - rage, irritability, chest pain, severe head pressure... I was hoping to use this to detox neurotoxins but I think chlorella is a much better option. I feel like a monster for several days when I take this. pretty scary.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1286012 on Nov 20, 2007

this product goes well with gaba relaxer feel like a new woman again :)

Over 55 - you need this

Posted by Reviewer1253636 on Aug 20, 2008

Dopamine is a natural neurotransmitter that enhances sexual urge. Mucuna pruriens contains L-Dopa, the precursor to dopamine. Mucuna pruriens has been known in Ayurvedic medicine as an aphrodisiac herb. I m 59 years old and use of this herb I have notice sexual enhancement within days.

Great, Balanced Mood Lift

Posted by Reviewer3259792 on Sep 21, 2009

Definite improvement and mood and overall outlook on life after taking this.