The real deal

Posted by Reviewer2943668 on Jun 05, 2008

I have been using this for close to a year. The products made by this company are authentic and follow ancient Ayurvedic texts. Wish it was a bit cheaper though. Warning: Don't take more than one teaspoon at a time. If you want to take 2 teaspoons a day, take 1 in the morning, and another in the evening.

Glad I Found This!

Posted by Reviewer2208123 on May 10, 2010

This is the first time I have tried a product like this one but I wanted something with natural Vitamin C. I was pleasantly surprised and I actually like this a lot and have reordered. It's not too sweet and has a slight pepper after taste. I just eat it right off the spoon.

Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2047791 on May 24, 2009

I'm tired of swallowing pills and this formula is extremely tasty on my toast. When I remember to use it, I feel it adds to my sense of well-being (subtle increase in stamina and better digestion).

Good.

Posted by Reviewer2265364 on Mar 15, 2012

I'm used to Dabur Chyavanprash, so this one is not enough hot for me)) But in general it is pretty nice and tasty.

Yummy

Posted by Reviewer1315766 on Feb 10, 2010

Wild tasting in the good way. If you have a sophisticated palate this healthy product makes a great jam on toast or just eat it straight. No refrigeration needed.

a bit disappointing

Posted by Reviewer2358927 on Sep 23, 2008

I have tried other versions of chyavanprash and was pleased by the price of this and the reputable company. I was surprised that it does not list ghee, an important ingredient in the traditional recipe, on the label. Without the ghee, it is sticky and it also has a preponderance of long pepper, so that dominates the mix more than the others I have tried, making it less smooth tasting and a bit too sharp. I am now thinking that perhaps the higher quality of the other brands might have been worth the price.

Great tasting and good for you!

Posted by 5284663074222149846 on May 24, 2012

Was recommended Chyavanprash by my mom who is very knowledgeable about Ayurveda. You have to be careful which brand you buy though, because lots of the Indian herbs have high levels of lead. Himalaya is a great brand that you can trust. It looks weird but it tastes good.

I give children from 6 months.

Posted by 0LD-SHAMAN on Aug 01, 2011

I give children from 6 months. They do not get sick. To give a little svsem. Very well to a nursing woman. Buy just 2.3 banks. Quickly comes to an end. A great gift with children.

Amazing!

Posted by Reviewer1745273 on Jan 12, 2013

Put this on your morning toast, bagel, or English muffin or just eat a spoonful out of the container -it tastes like you are eating something "sinful," but it's so good for you! What a great energy supplement to get you through the day! Thank you, Himalaya!!

Gooseberry Jam

Posted by Reviewer1755790 on Nov 16, 2009

I mix Ghee with your Gooseberry Jam for a concoction that a local Natural Doctor says is an aide for digestion -- a spoonful before meals and snacks - and it's delicious too. Maybe you should mix Ghee and this Gooseberry Jam together too -- it would be more convenient, because mixing the two together is hard work ....