Great for 100% rye sourdough bread!

Posted by victoriajames on Aug 18, 2015

This works great for my 100% rye sourdough bread, the result is not sticky as when baking with the more finely ground rye flour, but you need to let the bread sit covered with a towel for several hours.

Great Rye Flour

Posted by 5631112761414366750 on Aug 11, 2014

Rye Flour is hard to get in stores so I ordered on line at your store, Iam so happy that I did. Great service and for sure will shop again with you!!!

GardenerBen

Posted by 5637818589169727542 on Apr 19, 2014

This flour can not be purchased in any local retail grocery store and I wanted the rye to specifically be used to start a sourdough culture. They claim that the rye flour has more usable microbiol life still attached to it and using the flour and pineapple juice was the best way to start your own sourdough culture. I successfully got a wild yeast culture going BUT no lactobacillus activity has arrived at all...so the culture is NOT sour...not even in a microscopic amount. :( The flour makes great tasting bread using conventional bakers yeast so I'm happy with my purchase. One star off though for the shipping. It allowed one bag to get tossed around until it split the paper wrapper and about one cup of flour was all over the inside of the box.

As always Hodgson Mill puts out a fine product.

Posted by 4866104534830285535 on Nov 19, 2013

Much cheaper to buy this here than at my grocery store. Shipping is always fast too.

the product is great...But

Posted by 5341519371356087093 on Jul 12, 2013

the product is great, but when it arrived the bag had somehow popped and a small tear was causing the flour to dust the inside of the whole box. I recomment packing your bags of flour in a ziplock bag or something alike to prevent the mess i had to clean up.

A bit rough

Posted by 5004520003096237251 on Jun 12, 2013

I normally buy Rye Floor in a loose barrel at my local store. It is finely ground. I decided to give this brand a try. From my perspective the floor is a bit clumpy and from a course grind instead of a fine ground powder. It is a lot harder to cook with it.

just what I wanted and just what I needed

Posted by Reviewer1171772 on Jun 10, 2013

the stone milled flour is absolutely awesome. have been baking my own rye bread every day now. no more gooey or foamy breads from grocery stores. this flour is rich in fiber and I feel much healthier now. life is good...

Great

Posted by 5541617257795472122 on Feb 03, 2013

Made a bread from recipe on a side of the package. Love it

Number 1 rye flour

Posted by Reviewer1277028 on Dec 05, 2012

Wow! makes a difference. the best of the best. the price is moderate. I'm very very happy.^^*

good buy

Posted by Reviewer3030776 on Oct 11, 2012

Happy with the texture and quality. Bakes up quite tasty.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »