The best of the bunch

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

Let me start by saying I have researched so many "natural deodorants" that it almost sent me insane. I was really keen to use the crystal stick salt formulations that are all the rage at the moment until I realised that they also contained aluminium, the very thing most are trying to avoid in commercial deodorant. Even though the companies that admit aluminium use claim it is not absorbable in the forms they use I really didn't want to take the chance when I couldn't find studies backing up this claim. Anyhow on to this product....I feel as though I sweat less with this product without it stopping the natural process altogether. I also dont smell although I will point out I've not tried it in the heat of summer yet but I definitely do sweat everyday. Would definitely recommend for a medium-sweater at least. The only thing I don't like is that its too dry to apply easily. To get around this I apply after a shower whilst my pits are still damp or I let the tap drip on it and it glides on just fine. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1875032 on Apr 04, 2010

This is the best "natural" deoderant I have ever used. This is the only one I have used that actually does it's job. I like the scent, but I don't know that I would recommend it for a man...it is pretty feminine. Unfortunately, the only reason I gave it 4 stars was because it makes me break out under my arms when I sweat alot. It works, I just get this annoying break-out that I have never gotten from a deoderant. I can't figure out what the problem is, but it just isn't compatible with my skin. I might try the unscented version and see if that helps. I love Hugo Naturals though and use many of their other products with excellent results.

HMMM...

Posted by Reviewer2697166 on Oct 13, 2009

Okay, I love the fragrance, but I don't get why this product got so many rave reviews! It is not as effective as the Avalon lavender roll on that I used to use (they discontinued). The stick is not very soft and emollient - it sticks to the skin dragging harshly along. :( I still gave it 4 * because it is better than a lot of other natural deodorants that I have tried.

good option

Posted by Reviewer2555394 on Jun 02, 2011

i like this product because it is natural,but u have to re apply it during the day

good deodorant

Posted by Reviewer2641231 on Sep 10, 2011

works well

Favorite scent!

Posted by Reviewer3107466 on Apr 25, 2012

Unfortunately, within two days of using this deodorant, my body chemistry rebelled against it resulting in an intensely horrendous odor. The deodorant is not to blame in this case, it's just a problem I have with most scented products. I've since switched to lemon juice.

Very Good!

Posted by Reviewer2989945 on Jul 31, 2010

Love the smell and how effective this is but wish it did not have so much wax because the wax makes it very hard to smoothly glide on.

stay dry all day

Posted by Reviewer1108829 on Dec 04, 2010

Hugo changed appearance of this product and reduced contents to half but charge the same price.

Bought as a gift.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on May 22, 2011

I took a clandestine sniff, smells good. I have used Hugo Naturals products before (the lavender room spray, which I love), and am tempted to buy this for myself, give it a try. It's not a heavy item.

Good but strong smell

Posted by 5275486375803736385 on Aug 18, 2012

Really good deodorant, i like it's smell even if it's a little bit to strong. But if it's really hot outside. at the end of the i can feel an unpleasant odor. So if you sweat much i donn't think that this deodorant would be enough for you. Hugo Naturals products are really good overall!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »