Overpowering smell

Posted by Babycakes on Dec 03, 2015

All Hugo soaps are beautifully crafted and perfect for gifting because the top layer is decorated. Patchouli & Sandalwood one has a shimmery mica top layer. This soap has really strong smell. When I opened the package, I instantly noticed strong smell and once I started unpacking, I realized that this soap was double wrapped on top of it's original wrap and even that didn't help. I put in in the bathroom cabinet and everything absorbed that smell which I personally don't like. Boyfriend likes it though and says it's nice to have that smell in the bathroom. So I guess it will depend on the personal preference. Other than that, this soap is ok, it lathers well. Extra star for good ingredients and aesthetic aspect.

Love it!

Posted by 5153320164513254559 on May 11, 2016

I'm a huge fan of patchouli and sandalwood. This soap smells of the real stuff, warm and spicy, but not overpowering. The best part is it leaves my skin soft and smooth after showering, never tight and dry, like most other soaps tend to do (even when they're touted as super moisturising etc). Reasonably priced for a neat product. I would love to try the other scents next.

Really Nice!

Posted by Reviewer2052358 on Jun 24, 2013

I love this scent combination as it's not overwhelming. I'm really sensitive to alot of scents but this one is actually nice & calming. Love the rich lather and that's it's a good moisturizing bar soap. So glad it doesn't contain all the chemicals they put in so many products these days.

soap

Posted by Reviewer1523716 on Dec 06, 2011

all great stuff ordered many times before

yum

Posted by MadroneJack on Jul 28, 2011

soft soap, great smell

Our favorite soap

Posted by 5445213756749508059 on Jun 05, 2015

This soap has a nice lather, great earthy smell without being overpowering, and contains no palm oil! A great soap for patchouli lovers!

Bought as a gift.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on May 22, 2011

Smells lovely, and I feel sure the recipient will like it. It's a small bar, but very aromatic.

Soap

Posted by 5346744646320751242 on Apr 24, 2015

Nice smell.

buy something else

Posted by Reviewer1157130 on Jul 15, 2011

Do not waste your money, this soap smells more like windex than anything, it didn't lather too well, and I was very disappointed with it.

Patchouli still stinks!

Posted by Reviewer1994047 on Jul 25, 2011

I was hoping this would be fresh Patchouli and not "Ode de Corpse" Patchouli. Alas! Stinky it is. For Patchouli lovers this will go over well. I personally have always hated the 'fragrance' version and was hoping this would be different. Send it back for me. Also, these bars used to be bigger and are now on the small side for the $$$.