Episilk Lip Balm does not deliver

Posted by Reviewer3104226 on Jan 23, 2012

This lip balm neither protects your lips from loosing their moisture nor moisturizes them. It applies thin, but that would not bother me should it be performing its’ functions. In fact, my usually plump looking lips started looking like a piece of dried apple after using this balm for a week- week and a half. I confirmed it by starting and stopping the use of this balm 2 times. Both times my lips became looking wrinkly and thin with this product and returned to their normal state after I would stop using the product. Please note that I do not have allergies associated with the ingredients listed in the Episilk balm contents. The price it is sold for on this website seems like a good (even a cheap) deal, but keep in mind that if the product does not deliver then it is not worth paying any amount of money for it. I do not recommend the Episilk Lip Balm. I recovered my lips after using this useless (and actually damaging for me) product by using something with a high content of lanolin.

Posted by Reviewer2373259 on Feb 24, 2012

My lips are usually very dry, but this product keep my lips moisturized. It is the best lip balm I have ever used.

Does just the opposite of what it should do

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Nov 01, 2014

I have used this lip balm off and on and thought it was my imagination that my lips would feel really dry the next day. So I took a closer look at the ingredients and saw "isopropyl myristate". That's the culprit. I looked it up and it is a solvent (never good to see that word in anything you put on your skin) which apparently makes the product feel slick going on but eventually dehydrates--translate to DRIES-- your skin. Why anyone would think it was a good idea to put this ingredient in something intended to make lips soft I'll never understand. Save your lips, and your money, and buy Bee Rescued Propolis Lip Balm (your lips will thank you in the morning) or Sierra Bees Lip Balm. I just checked and iherb no longer carries the Bee Rescued product. Figures. You can find it on that website that sells books though.

Good lip balm

Posted by Motrena on May 09, 2012

It is the best lip balm I have ever used. Great organic ingredients.

Excellent

Posted by 5482859236135877933 on Oct 07, 2013

Purchased for my mother - she likes it very much. Uses it for lips, or skin around the nose... or even for eye lids. Заказала маме. Ей нравится очень - и для губ, для кожи вокруг носа, даже для век. Универсальное средство!