Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

InterPlexus Inc., NutriSorb A, Liquid Vitamin A, 0.6 fl oz (17 ml)

This synthetic vit A doesn't compare to retinol from fish liver oil - Vit A is essential for gluconeogenesis and thyroid health

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 07, 2014

Ever since I read a study published in The Journal of Nutrition and Disease that showed how vit A deficiency increases protein catabolism and induces urea cycle enzymes (depleting essential nutrients and compromising health), I make sure I get sufficient vit A in the form of retinol (because I find relying on carotenoids to be more miss than hit). Retinol has also been shown to regulate thyroid hormone Thyroxine (aka T4). The aforementioned study supported my experience re the saying 'eat fat to burn fat' is only true while getting sufficient vit A (and nutrients that support gluconeogenesis). At one point I was having issues with vit A from fish liver oil making me wheeze. I got this to try in case the dose in the fish liver oil was too high, because the purest fish liver oil caps are only available as 10,000iu. However - this vit A did not resolve the wheezing issue. Additionally - when I tried this one at the same 10,000iu dose as fish liver oil, it was noticeably LESS effective. It's also incredibly overpriced and I dislike that it has no allergen statements whatsoever - nothing re being soy free, wheat free, corn free, etc. I do not recommend. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Very good