A bad joke - "Original Formula" with new formula! -_-

Posted by Reviewer2770313 on Oct 13, 2015

This shampoo bar was my "holy grail" for hair care for 2 or 3 years - and I don't use this phrase very often! No need to use conditioners, neither too drying nor too rich. Cared and left the hair really clean. Too much oil left from an overnight oil mask? No problem. To dry caused by whatever? No problem. One bar lasts a really long time - cheaper than any liquid shampoo ever. And I used it daily. This was before J.R. Liggett's decided to change the ingredients of this awesome solid shampoo. How silly is it to change the ingredients original formula and still call it "original"?! I've ordered two bars, the picture and the description hadn't changed - but two bars of the "new old formula" arrived. I thought "Oh, a new packaging" and used it like ever before. But I didn't get the care & it has a different smell than before. At the Liggett's website the new packaging and ingredients are available, here at iherb are still the old ones, so no one knows that the new formula will arrive. -_- The shampoo bar with these new ingredients doesn't clean as good and doesn't care as balanced as the old formula. My hair is a bit too oily and this gets even stronger half a day after washing. My mom was a great fan of the old original formula, too. I gave her the new one to test if it only my hair doesn't like the new formula. She was as afraid as I was. We don't use this new formula soap bar anymore. The manufacturer doesn't reply to a facebook post I wrote some months ago. It's really frustrating! We still haven't found another liquid or solid shampoo bar that works as good as Liggett's old original formula. :-/

Love the lather

Posted by Reviewer3331455 on Oct 18, 2008

I love the lather, lack of heavy scent, ease-of-use, and eco-friendliness (no big plastic bottle!!). It cleans my hair, but it does leave a residue perhaps that makes my hair feel 'heavy'. This is fixed with a quick cider vinegar + water rinse right after shampooing. I'll continue to purchase.

No more bottles

Posted by Reviewer1676014 on Apr 02, 2016

This is remarkable shampoo, just run it across your wet hair quickly, sudsing up easily, rinse it quickly too. I am amazed that on my long hair I don't have to use conditioner. I have no plans to ever buy another bottle of shampoo or conditioner for my household...we all agree. I see this is my review from 8 years ago. This is the only shampoo that I have been using since I started with this! Imagine how many bottles I have saved.

Liggett's Bar Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1366023 on Apr 01, 2010

Excellent product. Leaves hair clean, soft feeling, with body. I like it.

Good Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer2010696 on Jul 08, 2012

Foams very well, wash easily and leaves a pleasant feeling. Very good for oily hair, but a bit drying for dry hair.

Awesome!

Posted by stardust on May 16, 2013

The Liggett's bars actually changed my life. My hair is always good now, and on some days it's amazing. Before this, it was usually flat, lifeless and greasy-looking no matter what I did to it. I LOVE this product! And extra points for it being vegan, environmentally friendly and free from chemicals.

Works great.

Posted by Reviewer1137903 on Sep 04, 2010

This bar shampoo has really helped my scalp. I tried all kinds of shampoos in the bottle to get rid of small scabs on my scalp. This one seems to have worked the best. It is rare for me to have a scab in my scalp now!

Good

Posted by Reviewer1529679 on Mar 10, 2011

Better than the herbal formula one

very surprising product

Posted by 5447731128604946533 on Jun 01, 2012

My wife and I both really like the results when using this shampoo . Mary especially likes how her hair feels thicker , as she has very fine hair . Although the bar seems to go fairly quickly , I think that is getting used to how little it actually takes to give very good results . We are probably converts to your shampoo , Jeff

Practical for travelling