All I need

Posted by Reviewer1953537 on Nov 20, 2011

This bar of shampoo is just all I ever need these days for my haircare. I have used this for over year now. My fine hair has got back the natural curl I thought I lost, and I mean really curly. Curls are bouncy and strong, no frizz. Last even under a hat. Need to wash only twice a week, no need for sprays or foams afterwards. For the first time I can imagine to succeed growing my hair long. The effect on your hair takes a little while to be visible, maybe half a year, but its worth to wait. Also I use this soap bar to wash face and body. Feels very natural, washes off well. - From Finland

Excellent all-natural shampoo soap bar!!

Posted by Reviewer2812867 on Oct 29, 2011

I was skeptic first because it is soap based, which means it is dificult to get used to if you are using chemical based shampoo (I went through mild detox phase as well, for several days...greasy feel, residue..and all...) After a week or so I was really surprised. My hair is soft, and you dont need a lot to lather it up, but it is not dry like other coconut based shampoo out there. Just a few tips though, if you are using soap based shampoo, you have to use acid based conditioner to rinse out soap residue, and to balance the pH of your hair. I use half a lemon juice in 1 liter of warm-hot water and rinse out my scalp and hair very well, and then rinse out with warm-hot water for soap-residue free hair. This is excellent for camping, you would only need this and nothing else!! If they increase the amount of castor oil, it will be 5 star!!

It damaged my hair

Posted by Usagi-chan on Apr 07, 2013

This Bar Shampoo leaves sticky residue which I couldn't rinse out, no matter how hard I tried and no matter how many times in a row I washed my hair, it looked and felt like a straw covered in grease. I used it 3 or 4 times, and now my hair, that used to be strong and healthy, is all damaged. После мытья этим шампунем волосы выглядели, как солома, покрытая слоем жира, его просто невозможно смыть до конца, как ни старайся. После 3 или 4 применений волосы в ужасном состоянии. Не могу рекомендовать такой шампунь.

Mother of Shampoo

Posted by 5648264904764128309 on Apr 25, 2013

The best hair and body product for me out there!! Has never let me down by washing hair unevenly (as in patches), hair has gained volume as well as dries faster and because of the added oils my scalp gets more moisture, is less itchy and I even gained an extra day without having to wash my hair! Does wonders for my break-out prone chest and back too, as the amount of spots has diminished significantly, the package is smaller than expected but lasts for a long time.

Quite Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3029254 on Feb 26, 2012

Lathers up easily, has a fresh clean smell not a synthetic chemical one, it rinses well, and my hair is squeaky clean. I'd ignored the condition of my hair for a while and it was like straw. This shampoo almost completely revitalized it, but not quite, so I ordered the one intended to repair which did the trick. I don't need a conditioner. I used first the herbal for a week, then the repair style for a couple of weeks, will definitely buy this again. I'm looking forward to traveling with it too. Equally positive experience as a body soap on my very dry skin. Incredible product. I wish I'd discovered it years ago.

Lovely shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1093765 on Jul 06, 2009

I started using this shampoo just recently and I love it. I tried the original shampoo and I liked it but since I color my hair, I wanted to try a little more herbs, it is just perfect. My hair is soft and my color is just fine. I also took this shampoo while traveling thru Europe for two weeks and I did not have to check my bags or bring conditioning. In addition the bar is good enough to use for your whole body: one bar is good from head to toe.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2955372 on Apr 18, 2008

I really hoped this was going to be the perfect 'green' shampoo but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I find it virtually impossible to rinse out and end up having to use another shampoo to remove the residue.

Another great shampoo bar!

Posted by 4864316653649455441 on Apr 07, 2015

My family and I love J.R Liggett's shampoo bars, this is the third one we've bought and each time we bought a different one. The Herbal formula smells so good, my hair is thicker, shinier, not losing as much hair and my hair seems to growing at a faster rate. This one doesn't leave a film like others have (Rinse with apple cider vinegar and water after using the shampoo bar if you experience residue) I really like this bar and will probably stick with it!

Great Shampoo Bar

Posted by Reviewer1330802 on Sep 26, 2008

This shampoo bar is great and doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down like other Shampoo Bars can. Pleasant smell also. I highly recommend it..

Superb

Posted by Reviewer1959352 on Mar 18, 2010

This is a great product - leaves your skin so clean and soft, with zero effect on the environment. I find I don't need to use any body lotion, as it's so moisturising. I would love to clean my hair with it, but unfortunately, the water where I live is just too hard to handle natural shampoo. Another great benefit: I used to be a handcream addict, slathering it on all day long, but now I keep a small bar of JR Liggetts in my bag, and only ever wash my hands with that - no more handcream required!