Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Capsules

Works for me

Posted by Reviewer1310163 on Jan 06, 2011

I've had on and off depression for 5 years now. It was a little over a year ago that the depression came back along with anxiety and for over a year now I've been having constant depression + anxiety and for anyone that experiences daily 'body low' feelings along with chest tightness, it's unbearable and very stressful on the mind + body. I chose not to go on antidepressants years ago, even when it was highly suggested by doctors that I start taking antidepressants I refused. I decided to give St Johns Wort a try and that did help but I had to stop taking it, due to complications. I decided to give 5-htp a shot and first tried the NOW FOODS brand after hearing / reading so many positive reviews about 5-htp itself and I tried it for over a month and my friend also tried it with me but we both experienced the same effects... up moods followed by comedowns. I didn't want to give up on 5htp as I really wanted to believe that it did work, like it did for many others. I started taking this brand for a month and started to notice the effects after a few weeks. I was able to handle my emotions much better and the anxiety / depression lifted and it was so so relieving to finally feel 'normal' again after dealing with terrible daily anxiety / depression for over a year, untreated. A few weeks ago I started skipping the the 5-htp, due to forgetting and probably feeling too good to realize that I still needed it. Quite unexpectedly, I started to feel anxious again and the depression came back and I was confused and feeling like I did before, a feeling I didn't want to experience again. I started taking the 5-htp immediately and after a few days I lost the anxiety and depression and now I am feeling calm. I don't usually write reviews but from my experience, I really want others to give this product a try if they are wondering whether they should or not. The NOW FOODS brand did absolutely nothing for me, but this works wonders and I can't tell you how good it feels to feel calm and to have a positive outlook. If this brand doesn't work for you, try another brand. But I can say that this brand is excellent, and works for ME. Life changing.

Love It!!!

Posted by Reviewer1991497 on May 11, 2008

I have been taking Jarrow Formulas 5HTP for about 3 years. It helps me sleep and raises the seratonin level in my brain which wards away depression. I recommend this product for anyone wanting a good nights sleep all the way to severe depression.

Solid Value

Posted by Reviewer3079478 on Nov 25, 2008

I struggle with depression. I have used St. John's Wort for several years now and it has been very helpful. Recently stressors increased in my life so much that I needed something with the St. JW. This product has been extremely useful. I take 300 mg/day (100 3xs/day)as per the reasearch dosage and it has kept the black despair at bay which allows the St.JW to alleviate my mood. As I can not afford other avenues for health care re: this disease I am extremely grateful for this product.

Jarrow is the best brand of 5HTP

Posted by Reviewer1658882 on Jan 03, 2007

I have tried several different brands of 5HTP and Jarrow is the best by far. The cost is a little higher, but definately worth. iHerb also has the best price for this product that I have found.

jarrow 5htp