A little goes a long way

Posted by Reviewer2141183 on Dec 12, 2010

One of these capsules is plenty for me to help with those annoying middle-of-the-night wake ups. No morning lag. Good price, good product from a reliable company. Katie, New Hampshire

Fantastic Product!!

Posted by Reviewer2085359 on Jan 11, 2011

5-HTP is excellent!! And Jarrow's is stellar. Can really feel the difference. I have chronic pain condition which depletes the body of serotonin. This product helps with sleep as well.

Best brand to buy

Posted by Reviewer2406050 on Nov 05, 2014

Recommended brand by medical professionals. Couldn't take about 20 years ago as made me hyper but probably because I didn't have pain then. If you have chronic pain, your endorphins are used up in same pathway as pain signals and you either need antidepressants or this. Started with 1 a day, after a couple of months, doctor raised me to 2 a day; take one as soon as I get up in morning, the last one a couple of hours before bed. Have noticed a huge difference. Will continue to use this brand.

Value for money and puts me in that Zen mood

Posted by lotuspocus on Apr 06, 2012

Just one capsule and an hour later, I feel like Buddha. I cycle it after a week twice daily, then one whenever I feel wired. Also lowered my bp slightly (approximately -10).

DId not work for me...

Posted by Reviewer1305686 on Jan 25, 2010

When I started this product, I was going through some hard times and I thought that might help me with the minor depression but it actually had a reverse effect on me and I was feeling way more emotional and worse. I stopped it now and I feel fine. It was scary for a couple of weeks. I am sure it works for a lots of people.

Anxiety-Depression

Posted by Jovana on Nov 22, 2015

I took this and l-tyrosine from same company Jarrow formulas ! I am taking 2 weeks for now and i decide to write a review becayse i think its time after 2 weeks ! I started with 2 pills in first week and i didnt felt anything. Than i rise the dose on 3 pills and still nothing , than yesterday i took 6 pills ( 3 pills - 30 min before lunch and 3 pills 1 howr before bed ) and all i got was Headache ! Today i again took 3 tablets and i still dont feel anything ! So if you ask me this doesnt work at all !!!

Good brand

Posted by TheLondonNutritionist on Jul 15, 2012

This is a trustworthy brand and their 5-HTP seems to work. Feel more in a positive mood when i take these.Being a nutritionist id recommend this.

Jarrow, 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer3133803 on May 16, 2009

I am almost through my first bottle. I take one in the morning and one at night. I have noticed that I sleep much better and my moods are much more even during the day. I do try to take the evening dose around 8pm as it seems sometimes in the morning I struggle to wake up.

Jarrow Formulas, 5-HTP, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, 50 mg, 90 Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Nov 17, 2010

High quality; 5-HTP is a more potent hydroxyl radical scavenger than melatonin.

5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2927909 on Mar 17, 2011

5-HTP has been a lifesaver for me. I'm no longer depressed and no side effects for me. I highly recommend!