Made me lethargic with brain fog - Be careful with this one

Posted by Reviewer2271222 on Nov 03, 2013

I tried this yesterday morning. I was feeling really great before I took it very alert and in a great mood with lots of energy. After about an hour of taking it I was at my computer I could barely function I felt like the gravity was turned up and I just wanted to sleep (this never happens to me especially in the morning and after two cups of green tea too). To be fair I also took two other supplements that were different yesterday so I wasn't absolutely sure it was this one. But please read on. Today I still felt a little hung over from the effects yesterday to begin with but nothing as bad as the day before. I decided to try it again to make sure it was this supplement (kinda a stupid thing to do but I really wanted to believe the hype on this one so I was hoping it was something else that caused the lethargy) so today I did not take anything else except this one and sure enough here I am again feeling drugged about an hour later. So this is going in the trash. Please research this one, I wish I would have looked beyond just the reviews and checked the forums. There are people out there with the same exact reaction. There are people who say they used it and when they stopped their cognition was worse than before taking anything. I think this stuff is potentially dangerous.

review

Posted by Reviewer3257396 on Apr 27, 2010

Good product, but is an expensive ingredient given that studies using Alpha GPC used 1000-1200 mg (ie equivalent to nearly 4 caps of this product) per day. Still a good price compared to other brands of the same ingredient though.

Careful with the side effects

Posted by Reviewer2077692 on Aug 07, 2010

Gave me twitching for few days, though I took just one tablet. Boost dream number and their recall though.

I can feel my focus is a little bit better

Posted by Reviewer2775246 on Apr 18, 2010

Actually, I have tried this nutrient for few days only. Unlike other stimulants like Vitamin B5 or citicoline, it has a bit relaxation effect and don't affect sleep. Actually, I have tried to take 1 before sleep and don't see any difficulty in sleeping. My focus is enhanced a little bit and I need more days to try this supplement.

Using for stroke prevention.

Posted by Reviewer3094256 on Aug 02, 2009

I was recommended this product by someone for my small stroke which I had had several months ago. The book about GPC was also given to me and after reading it, I thought this might prevent another stroke if taken together with my daily aspirin.