Outstanding Formulation

Posted by Reviewer2572254 on Mar 22, 2007

Dealing with peripheral neuropathy related to Syndrome X, I've experienced noticeable improvement since taking this formula. Excellent

A blessing (and a curse)

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jan 23, 2008

These tablets are really big. The previous formula that didn't include any fast-acting ALA was smaller and easier to take. Still, it's a fabulous liver support to use when taking regular ALA drops your blood sugar too much.

Alpha LIlpoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer2365055 on Jan 25, 2008

I have been taking this product daily for 10 years and find it is absolutely marvellous. It gives me more energy, and greater endurance during exercise. My wife also takes it and she finds the new combined release formula is much better than the prevous formula which used to give het mild dyspepsia. In summary I take this product as an essentoal part of my everyday life and will continue to do so.

Physician Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1971662 on Sep 26, 2010

My physician recommended both this product and the Jarrows N-A-C Sustain for me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilzed. As a result of taking these two products, I have been able to lose weight, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs. My physician also has told me this product is also good protection for age related memory loss.

used for months and months

Posted by Reviewer1744102 on Jan 11, 2011

I switched to this long ago b/c I wanted a time-release. I've been taking alpha lipoic acid for years and my skin looks younger than its years. Think this is a part of the reason, along with MSM and good lotions.

Reduced insulin requiements using ALA + biotin

Posted by Reviewer1121207 on Jan 02, 2010

More effectively than the alpha lipoic acid I previously used, the bilayer tablets of ALA + biotin have consistently reduced the amount of insulin required to keep my BG levels at or below 100 mg/Dl

Good product for fair price

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2007

I take ALA for many reasons and this one by Jarrow is the best value...plus it's got slow release so it doesn't go to waste as soon as you take it.

ALA

Posted by Reviewer2995098 on Oct 12, 2008

As a diabetic, I try to protect myself from all forms of neuropathy. I can feel a slight loss of sensation in my feet when I don't take this supplement. The sensation returns when I start taking it again. For this reason, I make sure to use it every day.

Excellent formula, but should include R-ALA

Posted by Reviewer1921876 on Nov 09, 2009

Via the Sodium form. I like the product, but will likely go with NaRALA next time.

Helpful for maintaining blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer2292256 on Sep 20, 2009

I started using this product after reading about it in Dr. D. Bernstein's Diabetes In Control. While I do not have diabetes, this product helps in maintaining my blood sugar in the normal range.