Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, Baby's Jarro-Dophilus + FOS, 2.5 oz (71 g) Powder (Ice)

Reviews 1-star

High hopes, but didn't work for my baby

Posted by Reviewer3023727 on Mar 18, 2012

I was so excited to try this for my 3 month old who sometimes suffers from gas at night. I wouldn't consider her to be colicky, but I can tell that there are some evenings where she's uncomfortable. I take Jarro probiotics myself for immune boosting power and figured it couldn't hurt to try for my baby for not only her immune system, but in hopes that it would calm her stomach down. The 2 days before I started giving this to her, she actually had great nights and fell right asleep after I nursed her with no crying. Even though those nights were good, I figured that starting her on the probiotics wouldn't hurt. I dabbed a good amount on my nipple right before I nursed her in the afternoon. She seemed to be doing fine throughout the night, but when I tried nursing her to sleep around 10PM, she was very fussy, had lots of gas and was straining non stop in pain. Could not get her to sleep until 5AM. Thought it was a fluke so gave the probiotics to her again, but had an exact repeat of the previous night. I can't even remember when she was first born having horrible nights like this! I ate nothing different those 2 days so the only trigger I could think of was the probiotics... maybe she's allergic to the soy and/or dairy. I don't consume soy products, but do consume diary however she doesn't react this way if I've had a lot of diary one day. I'm sure this works beautifully for most babies, but beware if you already know that your little one is allergic to soy and/or diary. On the bright side, I was happy with the shipping and insulated packaging to keep product fresh.