Jarrow Formulas, Bone-Up, Superior Calcium Formula, 240 Capsules

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1566088 on Dec 31, 2009

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and osteopenia 5 years ago. After researching articles across the internet, I began taking Bone-Up, strontium, Vit D3 and K2. My bones have returned to normal. An article I read at that time noted that Jarrow was the only company that passed California's laws on lead levels in calcium products. I have recommended this product and the others mentioned to many women, all of whom have had dramatic improvements in their bone structure. I would also like to say that iherb provides high quality products and service with very competitive prices.

Magnesium Oxide

Posted by Reviewer3300605 on Aug 12, 2012

For the last two or three years I have been using this product. In listening to a nutritionist I heard magnesium oxide has about a 4% absorption rate. I did the research and found this is true. This is the main magnesium ingredient in Bone Up. Most calcium / magnesium supplements use the magnesium oxide, at least 80% oxide. This form of magnesium must be very cheap. The studies are self evident that the oxide version is a very poor choice. So I tried magnesium glycinate. Immediately my body changed, the aches and pains in my back and neck went way down. The muscles around my face loosened up - tear ducts working better so eyes aren't so red, bags decreased significantly, chewing muscles from TMJ not spasming as much. Essentially, I have been taking Bone Up and been magnesium deficient. Coral calcium is no better for me. I will never order Bone Up or coral calcium again. I have gone to a food source calcium / magnesium and am supplementing with the magnesium gycinate. The difference is very significant. Hopefully this will be helpful to people. Just because Jarrow puts a lot of ingredients in their products does not mean it is good.

from Texas

Posted by Reviewer3160543 on Nov 08, 2008

This product has all the supplements I was taking individually, and my bone scan showed 9% improvement. I also take strontium and Biosil along with it for more bone suppost.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1537648 on Feb 09, 2008

Highly absorbant form of calcium....recommended by my mom's naturopath while she was taking tamoxifen and undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer.

Good product but I've moved on to other Calcium forms

Posted by Reviewer2008921 on Feb 27, 2008

I like just about everything about Jarrow's Bone-up. It has all the necessary synergistic nutrients (at meaningful dosages) to ensure high calcium absorption and offers Calcium hydroxyapapite which has proven to be more soluble than carbonate. It is a high quality product which I've taken for months now to counteract Osteopenia. But my stomach acid is low and I switched to Calcium malate and gluconite which have higher absorbability. I still consider it excellent - make sure you distribute the 6 capsules during the day and take it with food!