Magnesium Oxide

Posted by Reviewer3300605 on Aug 12, 2012

For the last two or three years I have been using this product. In listening to a nutritionist I heard magnesium oxide has about a 4% absorption rate. I did the research and found this is true. This is the main magnesium ingredient in Bone Up. Most calcium / magnesium supplements use the magnesium oxide, at least 80% oxide. This form of magnesium must be very cheap. The studies are self evident that the oxide version is a very poor choice. So I tried magnesium glycinate. Immediately my body changed, the aches and pains in my back and neck went way down. The muscles around my face loosened up - tear ducts working better so eyes aren't so red, bags decreased significantly, chewing muscles from TMJ not spasming as much. Essentially, I have been taking Bone Up and been magnesium deficient. Coral calcium is no better for me. I will never order Bone Up or coral calcium again. I have gone to a food source calcium / magnesium and am supplementing with the magnesium gycinate. The difference is very significant. Hopefully this will be helpful to people. Just because Jarrow puts a lot of ingredients in their products does not mean it is good.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1566088 on Dec 31, 2009

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and osteopenia 5 years ago. After researching articles across the internet, I began taking Bone-Up, strontium, Vit D3 and K2. My bones have returned to normal. An article I read at that time noted that Jarrow was the only company that passed California's laws on lead levels in calcium products. I have recommended this product and the others mentioned to many women, all of whom have had dramatic improvements in their bone structure. I would also like to say that iherb provides high quality products and service with very competitive prices.

from Texas

Posted by Reviewer3160543 on Nov 08, 2008

This product has all the supplements I was taking individually, and my bone scan showed 9% improvement. I also take strontium and Biosil along with it for more bone suppost.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1537648 on Feb 09, 2008

Highly absorbant form of calcium....recommended by my mom's naturopath while she was taking tamoxifen and undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer.

Good product but I've moved on to other Calcium forms

Posted by Reviewer2008921 on Feb 27, 2008

I like just about everything about Jarrow's Bone-up. It has all the necessary synergistic nutrients (at meaningful dosages) to ensure high calcium absorption and offers Calcium hydroxyapapite which has proven to be more soluble than carbonate. It is a high quality product which I've taken for months now to counteract Osteopenia. But my stomach acid is low and I switched to Calcium malate and gluconite which have higher absorbability. I still consider it excellent - make sure you distribute the 6 capsules during the day and take it with food!

Best calcium supplement

Posted by Reviewer2875692 on Oct 18, 2007

Have been using for my whole family for 10 years including my 92 year old mom. I send it as a gift to all the women in my life. Really works

Great Product!!!

Posted by Reviewer3308950 on Oct 06, 2008

As I go through menopause I am experiencing many things in my body but most noticeably my knees hurt a lot! It has made excercise painful, even walking and forget about running! The hydroxyapetite form of the Bone-Up worked within 2 weeks. I take it regularly and it has helped immensely. I can walk easily and I can run or use the eliptical with ease. Thank you Jarrow!

Ostioperosis Prevention

Posted by Reviewer1120097 on Mar 02, 2010

I have noticed that taking Bone Up has really eased a lot of joint pain. Taken in conjunction with Vitamin D, it will help prevent ostioperosis.

JARROW BONE UP

Posted by Reviewer2864376 on Jan 16, 2009

I've been using this product inconsistently for several years. However, after two major shoulder reconstructive surgeries (both shoulders) in 7 months and creaking in my right knee, I decided to get consistent with it. I don't always take the recommended 6 capsules/day (I am only 45 years old), but I am consistent taking at least 3 6-7 days/week. I believe it has sped up the healing of my poor shoulders, and the beginning to be chronic creaking and mild pain in my right knee are gone! I believe this is from the formula Jarrow provides in Bone Up. I also have multiple sclerosis and believe it has helped me (with other supplements and pharmaceutical medications) to feel a bit stronger and have more physical stamina. I'd recommend this for anyone over 40 who is beginning to experience orthopedic issues (e.g., stiff joints, creaking, pain), although exercise and consultation with doctors are essential, too!

Best Calcium I have tried

Posted by Reviewer2392008 on Nov 03, 2009

I found a noticeable difference taking this calcium (and I have tried a number of different carbonates & citrates). By far the best & the at a good price.