Bone Up

Posted by Reviewer2130314 on May 02, 2009

My wife and I started taking bone up after watching a health show on TV and this product was recommended by the host of the show. I did a web search and found iHerb.com and so we ordered and have been taking bone up for close to a year or more.We like the product, take it every day and we like the ingredients. My self, I like the protein as I lift heavy weights and Im 74. My wife is 84, weighs 105lbs and had a bad fall on her backside and ended up with 2 cracks on her pelvic. She could have broken her hip or had more serious damage done. She is almost back to normal with her pelvic. So we believe taking bone up has helped us quite a bit. Thank you. JD

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer2138964 on Jun 23, 2009

I have been taking this for years, and at 52 had a bone density test done. My results were spectacular, and I think it is due to Bone Up.

Best I've found.

Posted by Reviewer1310224 on Jan 28, 2010

After having gone to a nutritionist and gotten a list of things that I was suppose to take for my 'pre' osteoporosis, I went home and researched calcium products. Bone-up was the only one I could find that had all of the ingredients the nutritionist suggested. I've been taking it for years, and am very happy with it. Originally, I was taking the vegetarian boneup. The only difference is that has vitamin d2 v. d3, which is derived from animal sources but supposedly assimilates into your system better. If you don't have a problem with using D3, the regular bone-up is fine, a bit cheaper and in capsule form, which I like better. I also felt I needed better Vitamin D absorption than I was getting so, even though I'm a vegetarian in all other respects, I take the regular Bone-up along with an extra 2400 iu's of Vitamin D3/day. If you are a vegan or strict vegetarian and D2 works for you, the vegetarian Bone-up is the same in all other respects. But I would also increase your intake of Vitamin D2 as well, since recent studies have shown that what we normally get is not quite enough. Get bloodwork done and ask your doctor how much is right for you.

Bone-Up or lose them

Posted by Reviewer2953361 on Apr 23, 2009

Bone Up by Jarrow Formulas is TOP NOTCH. Certainly the thing to take to help with keeping our bones healthy. I hike & sometimes fall--comes with age(63). I have never even sprained an ankle. I would never consider not taking this formula.

Jason, Bone-Up

Posted by Reviewer2963893 on Mar 29, 2011

I have been taking this product for years and am very satisfied. I had a bone density test about 6 months ago and compared to the one i had 6 years ago, I have not had any more bone loss/ Also, I recently broke my 5th metatarsal and my doctor said i healed very quickly. I attributed this to taking extra Bone-Up during the healing period and also because i have taken it regularly for many years.

One of the Best

Posted by Reviewer2556799 on Jul 12, 2011

We've found this supplement to be one of the best out there. My wife and I have had great response since taking them with "Doctors Best glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM. I'm 64 and after 40+ years of woodworking, carpentry and blacksmithing, my joints were very painful a lot of the time with the arthritis. I've tried many different supplements for over 15 years and with this combo I have experienced a very real improvement in my knees and back. Before I was having a real problem going up and down stairs, quite painful and difficult. Now I a little pain but what a difference. I swear by these products.

Good combination

Posted by Dianamite on Jan 11, 2011

My husband has Crohn's and trouble absorbing calcium as he should. His bone density has been better since taking this variety.

Nice mix of ingredients

Posted by Reviewer2917570 on May 10, 2009

Instead of the old standard calcium carbonate, which does not absorb well by the body, this mix by Jarrow Formula is great. I feel like I am getting the essential nutrients needed to build and maintain strong bones and teeth. Goes well with Strontium Bone Maker which I take in the evening. I'll be ordering more!

Bone Up

Posted by Reviewer2491703 on Sep 03, 2009

I have been using this product for some time. I believe it has been helpful in preventing my getting osteoporosis. It has been recommended to me by alternative doctors.

Great Product

Posted by TedBare on Sep 23, 2009

One of my staple supplements. Probably the best ever bone builder available.