Kind of works; though I use a large amount.

Posted by Reviewer1208019 on Feb 20, 2010

I'm a triathlete and full time analyst in the banking industry. Hence stress levels mentally and physically are very high. This helped alot to put off the running noses and flu that always derailed me. However I do take like alot. On stressful days I take up to 8 pills of carotenall(5 on less stressful days). I take it with cod liver oil AND a vitamin A supplement(up to 20,000IUs, minimum 10,000IUs) I am pretty surprised by the amount I need daily as I blow everything out of the water. However I carefully measured the effect of the amounts and have found my sweet spot to be effectively flu & running nose resistant(almost). The pity is that each pill is only 2500IU of vitamin A for Carotenall. Being the mischevious boy who doesn't eat his veggies it was a big slap in my face now that I'm grown up and because of what's inside veggies I am unable to go the distance. However this mixed carotenoid complex works well! Warning. Don't follow my doses unless you're working 12 hour shifts AND putting in heavy 2 hours and above gym time. AND on a reduced calorie diet.

good product--good for you!

Posted by Reviewer2444907 on Feb 02, 2010

I read about mixed carotenoids in one of Dr. Weil's books and while you can order vitamins through his website, I really love iHerb value. This is a great product from a brand I trust and it hasn't let me down. I highly recommend this and any other Jarrow Formulas product.

Brighter vision

Posted by Reviewer2140357 on Apr 09, 2008

Definate improvement in clarity of vision, more enhancement when 2 are taken daily.

Great Formula

Posted by Reviewer3103692 on Apr 17, 2011

I have found that one a day is more than adequate. Also, if I take more than this there is a chance of the skin turning a bit orange from the carrot influence. That being said, however, this is a wonderful formula that I would'nt go without, and when taking one a day the price is a great value.

A superior carotenoid complex

Posted by Reviewer2660289 on Jun 08, 2010

I was able to feel (and see!) the difference after taking 3 softgels daily for a week or so. If you prefer to chew the softgels, absorb their content and discard them afterwards, be ready to have your mouth quite orange for a few minutes!!!