Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 120 Softgels

No Fish Burps and You Can Too!

Posted by Reviewer1375018 on Jun 18, 2011

My blood pressure has dropped significantly since taking fish pills--something I noticed quite by accident. It takes months to see the results, but I have found that once there, the prescribed amount of 3 grams per day will keep the blood pressure steady. Any half way decent brand will accomplish this. The downside of the treatment was having to tolerate, like a persistent and annoying telemarketer, the unwanted visitation of the fish pills after ingestion. However, the angels were with me and I discovered Jarrow fish oil formulas. Jarrow has canceled production of The Return of the Fish Pill--that dreaded sequel feared by so many consumers. In addition, these pills are pharmaceutical grade, which filters out the mercury and other heavy metals that are on the increase in our fish supply. And best of all, they are a good price for all these benefits.

Very helpful

Posted by Reviewer1431798 on Dec 27, 2011

Perfect concentrated amount of EPA/DHA to be able to experiment with how you may respond to omega-3 supplementation without having to take 10 capsules daily (which usually has some annoying side effects like almost constantly tasting fish, and possibly reflux and/or nausea). This product has been seen to have an excellent antidepressant effect in myself - most notably a dopamine enhancing effect, and therefore a reduction in mental and physical fatigue and demotivation. I cannot ascribe improvement to placebo effect because I was taking the product hoping it would help with some dry skin. After taking around 5 capsules daily I noticed I needed far lower (or zero) dose of other supplements I take for depression (l-tyrosine, for example - a dopamine precursor). I started looking around the literature for omega-3 effects on dopaminergic function, and, of course, this effect has been studied and noted. I suspect I've had an omega-3 deficiency for many years. I now only need around 2 capsules daily to maintain the effect.

well-balanced

Posted by Reviewer3073531 on Jul 12, 2011

Useful for rheumatoid arthritis : anti-inflammatory (Sorry my english is so bad)

Omega 3's

Posted by Reviewer2020492 on Jan 30, 2010

Sometimes I get a fishy burp with this product.

Quality Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer1075408 on Mar 12, 2010

I've been noticing improvements associated with supplementation of fish oil. Jarrow is the main brand I trust.