An excellent product that lowers cholesterol. It may also prevent osteoporosis

Posted by Reviewer1679903 on Oct 01, 2013

Soy may lower blood cholesterol and may also prevent osteoporosis (bone loss). This form can be easy taken with milk.

Jarrow Formulas, Iso-Rich Soy, 14 oz (400 g) Powder

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Aug 13, 2013

3 stars only because of the best available price for soy protein (enough protein in grams) in iherb.com But mixability, dissolubility and the taste are just awful. Taste reminds me of glue. I don't know how can it be like this, as I loved very much similar soy protein from Now Foods. So, I hardly would by from Jarrow Formulas again, though the price is extremely good. But I guess you get what you pay ? Maybe not always, but in this case it is true.

excellent

Posted by Reviewer2827289 on Jul 25, 2013

high quality soy protein and very tasty

very good

Posted by 5267368211791919902 on Jul 15, 2013

very good

It was the perfect protein powder but the formula has changed.

Posted by Reviewer2905225 on Oct 02, 2012

This was perfect and I used it for years. In my recent shipment was a new formula and this formula is just horrible. It is really foamy, tastes like whey protein and the powder is so fine it flies all over the place. Very messy. I am so distressed over this because I rely on this protein powder, which I said, was formally perfect. I returned 7 containers to iherb. I called Jarrow and was told that they did have a new distributor and have gotten complaints like mine but that it would be a while before this would be changed. I know how to find a new protein poweder:( Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

great in a smoothie

Posted by Reviewer2114243 on May 13, 2012

I have this in my morning smoothie with a banana and some frozen fruit every morning.

very nice taste

Posted by Reviewer2402627 on May 07, 2012

with egg protein I could make fluffy pancakes. With this it i not possible, but the taste is great so I make pancakes with it anyway. I like it chewy as well. Recommended.

Very chalky mouth texture but mild cardboard-like flavour

Posted by Reviewer2763064 on Apr 05, 2012

MIX-ABILIY: I found this powder mixes very effectively in thin liquids like water and juice (stirring with an ordinary metal spoon). It takes a lot more to get lumps out when mixing it with yogurt or thicker foods. I found a whisk helps a lot (not surprisingly) compared to mixing with a spoon. And if you have a blender (I don't) then I'm confident you'll have no worries with lumps at all and pretty easy cleanup too. TEXTURE: I found the texture to be quite chalky, leaving a fine residue on my tongue & around my mouth, but can be fairly easily washed down with a few swills of any other thin liquid not containing powder (ie. drink the powder-mix drink, then follow up with plain water or juice). I'd almost call the mouth-feel of it sandy or gritty but it really is a much much finer texture... unpleasantly "chalky", but not sticky or enduring. TASTE: quite neutral. A very very bland cardboard-like taste which can be very noticable and unpalatable in flavourless drinks (ie. water) or weakly-flavoured liquids (will overpower vanilla yogurt). The cardboard wood-dust taste with the chalky texture combined made me gag the first time I tried it in water, but solved by mixing with stronger tastes like citrus or berry fruit juice. OVERALL: I highly recommend it as an easy-to-take extremely-potent form of vegetarian protein. :-)

Fine, but...

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Mar 17, 2012

Originally I assumed i could use this as a soy milk substitute, but that doesnt´t work. And when I add it to my cocoa for example, it sort of disturbs the taste, so I'll finish this batch but not repurchase.

good product

Posted by Reviewer2241414 on Mar 02, 2012

fine grinding, neutral taste, well blended with water

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »