Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, Iso-Rich Soy, Powder, 32 oz (908 g)

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Great, except for high sodium content

Posted by Soycoffee on Jul 29, 2010

I had been spending $75 /month on a proprietary soy product not carried by iHerb. That product had guaranteed isoflavone content, mixed well, and came in vanilla and chocolate. When I had to cut costs, I looked at all the soy powders on iHerb, evaluating for isoflavone content. Jarrow Iso-rich Soy had the highest level of isoflavones, at an advertised 56 mg isoflavones per serving. I've used it for 6 or 8 months, and like the way it mixes, and its unassuming taste. Unfortunately, in the unthinking way most of us do, I did not check the sodium level. A serving has 370 mg of sodium. Since I typically use 1.5 servings in my morning shake, that's 555 mg of sodium, or more than a third of the recommended 1500 mg/day. From MSNBC.com dateline June 15, 2010, here are the numbers for dietary sodium intake proposed by an FDA appointed panel: That recommendation [of the panel] follows that of the prestigious Institute of Medicine, which said earlier this year that people need just 1,500 mg daily for good health, less if they're over 50. Average consumption is more than 3,400 mg. I will go to the extra expense of adding Genesis Today Protein 100 (TM) to my morning shake, and cutting my Jarrow Iso-rich Soy use in half.

Soy powder

Posted by Crotchetymama on Oct 30, 2012

Like most of the Jarrow products, this one is quite good. I have stopped using it because my nutritionist suggested I go with brown rice powder instead.

Hello from Greece

Posted by Reviewer2635972 on Mar 30, 2012

Well, this is the product you can call "best value for money" since it has big amount of protein (50%) per serving, and really low price to get it. But it has 2 flaws. It tastes like fish food. I have been taking it without sweeteners or smoothies, just shaked in plain water, and it tastes really bad. And it has big amount of sodium. But! the price says it all! Suit yourself!

JF soy powder

Posted by Reviewer1954195 on Mar 30, 2008

It's better than other's that I've tried, but I think that soy protein concentrate fundamentally tastes like sawdust.

VALINDA GALLEA

Posted by Reviewer2900580 on Sep 05, 2008

I HAVE HAD GASTRIC BYPASS PROCEDURE IN 2000. I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT AND OTHERS AND HAVE FOUND THIS IS THE BEST TASTING WHEN MIXED IN MY MORNING COFFEE.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »