| English
| USD ($)

Jarrow Formulas, JarroSil, Activated Silicon, 2 oz (60 ml)

Reviews 1-star

It's not for me...

Posted by Reviewer1182008 on May 12, 2010

I have used another brand of activated silicon and decided to try JarroSil as it was a bit cheaper. I noticed that my stomach became upset when I used it and read the bottle more carefully. It turns out that it uses water and polyethylene glycol as a base which is the main ingredient in a prescription laxative that you now can get OTC. Well, I really don't want that so I will be going back to the more expensive brand. I have not used it long enough to know if it works or not, as I could not tolerate the intestinal upset when I used it.

Didn't seem to work for us

Posted by Reviewer1173495 on Apr 08, 2010

My 9 year old son has very thin nails. We tried this for a couple of months, but could not tell a difference.

Hasn't made any difference

Posted by Reviewer3065133 on Jul 17, 2012

My doctor suggested that I try this for hair loss. It hasn't been making any difference.

Price compares well

Posted by Reviewer1635845 on Sep 22, 2010

The price is a bit better than the more concentrated version of another brand that I was using. It seems to be fine so far. Iv'e been taking Silica for quite a while now for skin probs...still waiting to see any improvement. I've found out recently that it has M.S.M in it which I have problems with taking it.

Defective packaging

Posted by Reviewer2884447 on Feb 15, 2010

I had been using Natrol Biosil but switched to Jarrow because it was less expensive and came in a larger more economical size. I've been very satisfied with all other Jarrow products I've tired. Unfortunately, it is very impossible to use as the dropper gets totally clogged after every use. I probably should have returned it. Until Jarrow fixes this problem, it's worth paying extra to get the Natrol Biosil.