Jarrow Formulas, Krill Oil, 60 Softgels

Amazing stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1295408 From Australia on Dec 25, 2008

I was unable to take fish oil due to excessive pain and reflux, not to mention the fact that it made me smell like a fish dinner, so I tried this brand of krill oil, in the hope that I would tolerate it better. I am pleased to say that this krill oil has no side effects, and does not have any aftertaste or smell either. I am even more pleased to say that within weeks of starting to take it, it has already improved my health...best of all, it has regulated my menstrual cycle, and I found that if I take six capsules a day (3 in the morning, 3 later in the day) during that time of the month, I don't get cramping and fatigue (before krill, I had to spend days in bed sick at that time of the month)! I did read somewhere that Omega 3 blocks the prostaglandin E2 that causes menstrual cramping, and it is nice to know that that appears to be true. Omega 3 is also hypothesised to help endometriosis by blocking the same prostaglandin, but only time will tell on that score.

ASTAXANTHIN DEFICIENT

Posted by Reviewer2118570 From Philippines on Jan 04, 2011

I purchased this product for the Astaxanthin content. Jarrow reformulated this product by reducing the astaxanthin content from 1.5mg to 50 mcg. At this level of potency it is not worth the price of admission. I returned the newly purchased bottles.

This product defeats the purpose of krill oil

Posted by Reviewer3341786 From Switzerland on Oct 17, 2012

They removed almost all of the astaxanthin - the natural antioxidant in untampered with krill oil that helps keep it fresh and is otherwise very good for you. Also, this krill oil is very low in DHA and EPA compared to some others. Don't be fooled by the low cost. A serving is 2 capsules. This is a blatant ploy to put a low price on something that can be called "krill oil" but actually shouldn't qualify for that name.

Jarrow NKO

Posted by Reviewer2238496 From California on Jun 21, 2008

Update to May 2008 entry...The Mercola krill oil developed a fishy smell after a few days so I would not recommend it over the Jarrow brand. I much prefer purchasing from Iherb.

stay away

Posted by Reviewer2921911 From North Carolina on Jan 28, 2011

Usually I am ok with Jarrow but they have pulled the wool over our eyes with this one by sneaking in fish oil. Although there is some krill in this product I would not recommend.