This product defeats the purpose of krill oil

Posted by Reviewer3341786 on Oct 17, 2012

They removed almost all of the astaxanthin - the natural antioxidant in untampered with krill oil that helps keep it fresh and is otherwise very good for you. Also, this krill oil is very low in DHA and EPA compared to some others. Don't be fooled by the low cost. A serving is 2 capsules. This is a blatant ploy to put a low price on something that can be called "krill oil" but actually shouldn't qualify for that name.

Amazing stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1295408 on Dec 25, 2008

I was unable to take fish oil due to excessive pain and reflux, not to mention the fact that it made me smell like a fish dinner, so I tried this brand of krill oil, in the hope that I would tolerate it better. I am pleased to say that this krill oil has no side effects, and does not have any aftertaste or smell either. I am even more pleased to say that within weeks of starting to take it, it has already improved my health...best of all, it has regulated my menstrual cycle, and I found that if I take six capsules a day (3 in the morning, 3 later in the day) during that time of the month, I don't get cramping and fatigue (before krill, I had to spend days in bed sick at that time of the month)! I did read somewhere that Omega 3 blocks the prostaglandin E2 that causes menstrual cramping, and it is nice to know that that appears to be true. Omega 3 is also hypothesised to help endometriosis by blocking the same prostaglandin, but only time will tell on that score.

ASTAXANTHIN DEFICIENT

Posted by Reviewer2118570 on Jan 04, 2011

I purchased this product for the Astaxanthin content. Jarrow reformulated this product by reducing the astaxanthin content from 1.5mg to 50 mcg. At this level of potency it is not worth the price of admission. I returned the newly purchased bottles.

stay away

Posted by Reviewer2921911 on Jan 28, 2011

Usually I am ok with Jarrow but they have pulled the wool over our eyes with this one by sneaking in fish oil. Although there is some krill in this product I would not recommend.

Jarrow NKO

Posted by Reviewer2238496 on Jun 21, 2008

Update to May 2008 entry...The Mercola krill oil developed a fishy smell after a few days so I would not recommend it over the Jarrow brand. I much prefer purchasing from Iherb.

Unreliable quality, on two occassions softgels arrived exploded in bottle

Posted by Reviewer1768822 on Apr 21, 2011

Unreliable quality in two bottles over two shipments. Awful krill oil smell, leaking inedible softgels, never buying again.

Prefer Now Krill oil with more Astaxanthin

Posted by JeannieCheng on Jun 26, 2014

With comparable price with Now Foods Krill oil, Jarrow's krill oil uses Antarctic Krill, instead of Neptune. With only 50 mcg (2 Softgels) Astaxanthin as compared with Now's 750 mcg. Definitely buy Now's NKO instead of Jarrow. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

Jarrow Formulas, NKO

Posted by Reviewer2693711 on Nov 13, 2008

I usually love Jarrow formulas but I did not like this product. It had a very strong fishy odor and an odd aftertaste. I will not be purchasing it again.

Neptune Krill Oil

Posted by Reviewer2615457 on Sep 15, 2008

Nice size soft gels, easy to swallow and the dosage is perfect. Excellent product by Jarrow Formulas. I did a lot of research on the web before deciding that this was the one I wanted and iHerb came in with an unbeatable price. Highly recommend this product.

cant go wrong with this one

Posted by 101010011 on Mar 07, 2009

krill oil has helped me with my endometriosis. really reduces the pain