• Jarrow Formulas uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

so helpful for restful sleep

Posted by Reviewer3260843 on Jan 30, 2010

I find I sleep more deeply when I take this product about an hour before bedtime.

Helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Jan 20, 2010

I usually take tryptophan 30 minutes before my last meal of the day. I eat my last meal around 8:30 pm. I take 1-2 capsules of tryptophan, but I also use sublingual melatonin (I'm over 40 and melatonin definitely helps me). I've needed less melatonin, since using tryptophan. This does have fillers, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide. I like the regular screw bottle cap, although I'd like the bottleneck to be a little more flush with the cap. I am undecided which brand I like best. I like a pure product and a good bottle and a regular screw cap.

Good quality, but not for me

Posted by Reviewer1706966 on Jan 20, 2010

This product is a good choice, but having tried a number of different serotonin precursors including 5-HTP I recommend you to better try pharmaGABA and/or Taurine if your main problem is anxiety, because this can make you more depressed due to its dampening effects over noradrenaline.

Excellent results.

Posted by Reviewer2245885 on Jan 13, 2010

Very pleased. Definite improvement in mood,outlook and sleep patterns. Have quite a bit of longterm experience with SSRI and SNRI antidepressants and other alternative therapies-st. johns wort,5 htp,fish oil,etc... I take 4 of these( L Try) at bedtime with the co-enzyme p 5 p version of b-6 50 mg (w/orange juice). NOW Foods makes the one I use. I also take low dose 5 mg Lexapro and I know for myself the L-Tryp definetly has a beneficial,additive effect w/out so many of the typical side effects associated with SSRI therapy. Also take magnesium,Vit C, B complex,multi vitamin... Grateful and very pleased.

Knocks me out

Posted by Reviewer1075233 on Jan 10, 2010

In terms of any kind of insomnia, one pill will knock me out quickly, surprising how fast. However the next day I feel very heavy, a little drowsy, and a bit foggy through the morning. I havn`t noticed any kind of `mood enhancing` effect, but the physical heaviness I get the next day prevents me from being in much of a good mood. I was interested in this primarily to aid with depression, but it makes me way too tired/heavy to be taken regularily and function mentally at 100%.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1308797 on Nov 27, 2009

very good

Jarrow Formulas, L-Tryptophan 500mg 60 veggie caps

Posted by Reviewer1972894 on Nov 27, 2009

Wonderful stuff! I only use them to sleep. I had tinnitus and was having such great anxiety, that I was fearful of going to bed and hearing the ringing in my ear. Tryptophan relaxed me so much that I was able to FINALLY sleep! ( I took 3 veggie caps). Now I am down to 2 for the night! :-) By, the way, if you have daytime anxiety, one veggie cap works great too! You feel "back down to earth" again!

sleep

Posted by Reviewer2770454 on Nov 22, 2009

love this product--allows me to relax and fall asleep and stay asleep--if i should wake--i am right back to sleep

helps with sleep and anxiety

Posted by Reviewer2729859 on Nov 08, 2009

I've being using L-Tropraphan for 2years now. I've suffer from Panic disorder for the past 25 years. The L-Tryptophan has been a gerat help with alleviating my anxyety and also helps me have a more relaxed sleep. I have had no hesitation recommending this product to friends and family who suffer with similar problems

better sleep

Posted by Reviewer1875930 on Oct 26, 2009

seems to be helpful in relaxing prior to sleep.