Jarrow Formulas, L-Tryptophan Peptide, 60 Tablets

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Peptide form

Posted by Horatio on Oct 25, 2014

Peptides are isolated from whey proteins to deliver amino acids in a soluble and more bioavailable form. As such the amino acids can be directly absorbed and moved into the bloodstream. Tryptophan is the pre-cursor to serotonin, melatonin and niacin. In order to use tryptophan the body also needs sufficient supplies of vitamin B6. It might be sensible when taking tryptophan over the long-term to regularly add some B6. Tryptophan is most affective taken along side some carbohydrate (fruit or orange juice), this is because carbohydrates cause the body to release insulin which in turn helps to utilise tryptophan more easily. Personally when using this product I would say the effect from tryptophan is longer lasting. If I take normal pure l-tryptophan, the effect seems to last two hours after which I might feel worse; and I'm not planning on taking a capsule every two hours. If I take two tables of this at noon for example (500mg tryptophan in total), I feel good for the rest of the day; and even better in the evening. So my personal observation is indeed that this form is better utilized by the body!

super 90%

Posted by 5319146218790359291 on Oct 18, 2013

super

unsure

Posted by Reviewer1733570 on Jan 04, 2015

Haven't tested it long enough but it definitely doesn't work the same as regular Tryptophan for anxiety. It may have a delayed effect though.

Helps me to sleep

Posted by Reviewer2509092 on Jan 12, 2015

In Finland we have this thing called "night of the lizards"(hang-over induced nightmares). This product really takes it all away. Also been an exellent mood enhancer for me.

Great Product - sold with only one month left to expire.

Posted by 5196421881682815628 on Mar 23, 2015

The Tryptophan worked as expected. Great sleep aid, if needed. My only problem was iHerb sold me two bottles that were just one month from expiring and since I would have had them around to take for awhile I returned them. Otherwise, no problems.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »