Jarrow Formulas, Lutein, 20 mg, 60 Softgels

protect you eyes!!

Posted by Reviewer1934906 From California on Aug 19, 2010

I am an eye doctor. Ophthalmologic research now proves the necessity of lutein and zeaxanthin in our daily diet. It protects us from macular degeneration, improves night vision, decreases glare, and reduces cataract onset by 38%! These findings are from the AREDS ll study. Lutein and zeaxanthin are now standard of care treatment in ophthalmology! I personally have taken this product for several years. On Macular Pigment Optical Density testing, I score 45% above the minimum needed to protect the macula from degeneration!

Dr. Advise

Posted by Reviewer2764061 From California on Jan 05, 2010

An optometrist suggested that I start taking 20mg of Lutein a day to help maintain healthy eyes and it might help prevent Macular Degenerate Eye Disease.

Lutein

Posted by Reviewer2449495 From Minnesota on Jul 31, 2008

I would prefer a higher dosage of this, but I will continue taking it in the highest mg. I can find. It was recommended to me by an opthamologist as, along with bilberry, a wonderful aid to better eyesight.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1789401 From California on Oct 22, 2008

Hi Potency formula contains more Lutein than higher priced nationally advertised "occular" type formulas. Have been on this formula for 6 years and seems to have stopped and reversed my symptoms of macular degeneration. Iherb has the best price I have found on this formula.

The potency is certified for this eye health support supplement

Posted by Reviewer2828609 From District of Columbia on Jun 04, 2008

I use lutein for eye health support, and this brand's potency is certified to be all there, so I re-order over and over.