Wouldn't be without it

Posted by Reviewer2007195 on Aug 28, 2006

I started using this product about 5 years ago. I had previously heard that it was good for nerves, especially in people with bi-polar tendencies. However, I bought it for a colon condition (ulcerative colitis). After about 6 mohths of taking it, I really started to notice that I was calmly able to do things that would have stressed me out before, and it kept getting better. I'm not sure how much good it ever did for the colon issue, but it has dramatically improved my emotional quality of life. After having my cholesterol checked, they told me my good cholesterol was really high, and I believe that was from taking this product. I have tried other brands of fish oil and they all gave me fishy burps; this does not. Jarrow brand delivers more DHA for your money than any other brand. I don't think you can find a better brand of fish oil. For me personally, this is my #1 rated supplement of any kind.

The Best Ever Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer1805827 on Mar 14, 2007

I've been taking this for about eight months.It's the only fish oil I can tolerate. AND,it's improved my mood, skin,joint pain is gone. Everything is just so much better. Suzanne,NewYork,NY

The most effective ratio for optimising brain function is 3:1 DHA to EPA

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

"For optimising mental performance, it is important to have the correct ratio of EPA to DHA. My research on brain integration using direct muscle feedback has shown that the most effective ratio for optimising brain function, especially the executive functions of the frontal lobes is 3:1 DHA to EPA. Almost all fatty acids supplements available today, and all salmon oil, have considerably more EPA than DHA, the reverse of what the brain needs to support optimal performance. Having an excess of EPA relative to DHA may slow neural transmission, thus reducing the degree of brain integration." (Excerpts from Nutrition for the Brain, courtesy of Dr. Charles Krebs)

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer3019306 on Jan 19, 2009

I've been using this brand of DHA/EPA fish oil for 6 or 7 years now. I originally started using it to treat ADD, and it helped me get off of ADD drugs (Wellbutrin). For the last year or so I have tried other similar products, but when I went back to the Jarrow, I immediately noticed a significant improvement in my mood and focus. Everyone's biochemistry is different, so this formula may not be the right one for you. But I definitely recommend trying it.

Jarrow Formulas, Max DHA, Fish Oil, 607 mg, 180 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer2732747 on Oct 20, 2007

There are many "fish Oil" supplements on the market. Potency and purity is the key here. This brand is among the most reputable. I herb makes sure I get it fresh. Dr. JJ, Nationally Certified Health Care Provider (Certification # on file with I Herb)

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2208937 on Aug 29, 2008

With some supplements you find yourself hoping that they work but I notice a real difference with this fish oil. My personal experience is that it improves my memory and flexiability. My husband has been so impressed that he is now taking MaxDHA by Jarrow Formulas and I've seen improvement in him too. If my math is correct, in order to get at least 2 grams of the active ingredients (recommended in the studies) I take 3 softgels in the the a.m. and 3 in the p.m.. (If I bought fish oil in the grocery store I'd have to take about 13 capsules per day to get the proper amount.) I've been taking MaxDHA for 4-5 years now and have nothing negative to report just positive results which my family has also noticed.

NO MORE INFLAMMATION--AND NO FISH BURPS!

Posted by sweden on Aug 12, 2010

I've avoided fish caps for years after struggling with fish burps AND a fishy smell coming out of my pores. I stunk of fish and decided it just wasn't worth it. Then I heard of Krill oil caps and tried a bottle. They were great--no fishy burps, no fishy smell. When I ran out, I thought I'd give my son's MAX DHA caps a try for a few days. It's been a couple of weeks now and I've not had a problem with fishy burps or stink. An added bonus is the chronic inflammation that has kept me pretty much housebound for years has nearly disappeared completely. I've been waiting for the pain to return with a vengeance, but so far, it just keeps getting better. I googled "omega 3 and inflammation" and found that Omega 3s are anti-inflammatory. I've had pain ranging from bad to excruciating every day for years and tried various prescription and non-prescription drugs. The best they've done is lessen the pain enough to keep me sane. Then I take 2 of these MAX DHA caps a day and within a couple of weeks, the pain is nearly gone. I'll be ordering more of this very same product!

Quality and Consistency

Posted by Reviewer2307928 on Jan 24, 2007

I've used Max DHA for several years and find it to be a very consistent product and never fishy smelling.The brain is 40% DHA so I make sure I get plenty.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2809047 on Feb 15, 2008

This is my favorite fish oil. It doesn't cause digestive problems, and helps with memory, thinking and aches and pains. It even helps to ease migraine pain if taken soon after the headache starts. I discovered this by accident and now I wouldn't be without it.

Feel good

Posted by Reviewer1246224 on Jul 05, 2009

I mentally feel better. This DHA is the only oil that I could feel a differance.